Help needed with assembler

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
Geed

Help needed with assembler

Post by Geed »

Hello,
I need urgent help with my case, i need to produce 3 different products assembled with 3 different colors each on a pallet. I put in a B.O.M. in the assembler but i get only one product.
I would like to have 1 type of product to conveyor 1, the second type of product to conveyor 2 and the third product to conveyor 3.
How can i handle this with one assembler, who can me please help with this.
Thanks in advantage
Attachments
Assembler Guido.mod
(45.66 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
HarryBunnik

Re: Help needed with assembler

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hi Guido,

I think you're already quite far. But first a few minor remarks:
  • You have turned off the visualization of the products that need to be placed on the pallet (you turned off the check box "Show color" on the visualization tab on the products that are connected with the source. That made it a bit difficult to see what is going on. I turned it on again.
  • When you calculate the CycleTime you place it on a label that you also use on the"Trigger on Entry (chn. 2-n)". What do you try to achieve with this? I ask this, because I fear that currently not so much is happening here.

Then to come to the fact that you want to create different assemblies:

This you can do, by referring to the column that contains that specific B.O.M. This you can find in the GUI on the assembler, "Column reference b.o.m." In this field, you can write some code defining which column you want. I used for instance "dUniform(1,3)" and then I produce randomly products in the assembler. This gives me the following:
ProduceGuido.png
ProduceGuido.png (42.76 KiB) Viewed 10522 times

The next step would be to divide the different products over the different outgoing channels. This you can do by using the "Send to" statement, also available over the GUI of the assembler.

To combine the steps above, it would be better to already place a label on the container, indicating which type of product you want to make. So I placed on the source of the containers, code on the "Trigger on exit", with which I randomly assign a value of 1,2 or 3 to the label ProductType:

Label([ProductType], i) := dUniform(1,3)

This label can then be used also in the Assembler, for both the column in b.o.m. and the send to statement.

I hope this helps you further!

Gr. Harry