Modeling with different Products, Servers, Cycletimes and Set-up time

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Linda21

Modeling with different Products, Servers, Cycletimes and Set-up time

Post by Linda21 »

Hello,
We are 2 students who need to simulate a production. We have already gone through some experiments but every time we don't get the desired results.

For better understanding here is a short summary of the task:
2x 4 single parts are put into the production. These products are processed at the machines in different order, setup time and cycletime. After the individual parts have been processed, they are to be assembled into an assembly. At the end 300 pieces of product A and 200 pieces of product B have to be produced.

Unfortunately, our simulation does not give us the desired results. As far as we can see, not all machines are used.
If you start the simulation, you get error messages after a few seconds.

We have uploaded our simulation.
I hope that someone can help us to solve the problems.
Regards
Linda
Attachments
Question Modeling.mod
(131.19 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
HarryBunnik

Re: Modeling with different Products, Servers, Cycletimes and Set-up time

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hi Linda,

At least the error is caused because in the Queue "Warteschlange Warenausgang" a product is arriving where the outcome of the routing(label([step],first(c)),label([product],first(c))) is not zero. Then the exit channel becomes 10, and the 10th exit channel is not existing.

if(routing(label([step],first(c)),label([product],first(c)))=0,label([product],first(c)),10)

Further I realize that for instance at the 1st queue "routing", the routing is placed based on routing(label([step],first(c)),label([product],first(c))).

The label product is placed on the Source, but I miss some occurrences (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 2, 2), but that can be the intention. Products are entering the queue in order of the incoming channels of the Queue "Routing". And I can see that products are sent from the main queue "Routing", to first queue 8, queue, 5, queue 17, queue 5, queue 8, queue 17, queue 5 and queue 5. And when I see the numbers, that is also happening. The model is only blocking because of the missing exit channel I have the impression.

I hope this helps you a bit further.

Gr. Harry
Linda21

Post by Linda21 »

Hi Harry,
thank you very much for the quick feedback.
Unfortunately, I don't really know how to solve the problem with the 10th output channel. Can you tell me something about this?

My thought for the simulation was:
In the products themselves I wanted to give them a label by a number. At the same time, I wanted to give the products the different setup times on the machines.
As an example I took the "Koerper 250x5".
setlabel([step],1,i), define number of initial steps
setlabel([product],1,i), declare name of product
setlabel([server8],180,i),
setlabel([server12],75,i), list the servers in order and assign the setup times; here I have the question if I have to use the same numbers as in the routing table or number them consecutively (1,2,3,4,5,6,....)

In the next step the products should be sent to the queue "Routing" and then be sent on to the queues/server. The distribution of the products should pull the queue from the table "Routing". However, the simulation does not use all the machines but only the ones you listed.
The processing times should take the machines from the table "Cycletime".

Unfortunately, I do not know if I have implemented this correctly.

Sorry for all the questions but i'm a beginner in this programm.

greetings, Linda
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hi Linda,

To start with the 10th channel. The outcome of the code you entered on the "send to" statement of the "Warteschlange Warenausgang" (if(routing(label([step],first(c)),label([product],first(c)))=0,label([product],first(c)),10) ), is determining to which exit channel the product is going.

So when the result of the statement "routing(label([step],first(c)),label([product],first(c)))=0" is true, the product is sent to the exit channel defined in the "label([product],first(c))".

However, when this evaluation it is false, the product is sent to the second option in your if-statement, which is currently 10. And that is a "problem", since the 10th exit is not available. So, the outcome of the if-statement, should always be a 1 or a 2. Every other outcome, will result in an error.

So, I would expect that, in the routing table, the desired exit channel. But then the result of the routing(label([step],first(c)),label([product],first(c))), should be always a 1 or a 2. And therefor the second row in the routing table should be built up out of ones and twos.

I hope this helps you further.

Gr. Harry

P.S.

No problem about the questions. :-)