Using Scenario Manager

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
giannis

Using Scenario Manager

Post by giannis »

A simple question on using the scenario manager.

I load my models, define the library and the results folder. I have already defined experiments in models. Everything looks ok and when I run the scenario the messages I get (added below) look as if it runs ok (even though it opens and shuts down ED very fast) but no results are saved in the end.

Another question all the details of the experiment such as duration -warm up number of repetitions etc have to be defined in
the model only?

17:24 : Starting scenario containing 15 experiments
17:24 : Opening ED using C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Dynamics 8 Developer\Apps\Logistics Suite.app
17:24 : Opening ED succesful
17:24 : Opening C:\Users\jkl_sal\Desktop\thesis-models 25-02\Models with correct time\Model of Paper\Complete models 2eschelons -2 retailers\SimpleRsSmodel2RetailersNoTrans.mod
17:24 : Starting experiment...
17:25 : Running experiment successful.
17:25 : ED shutdown
Ioannis Goniadis
MatthijsJongboer

Re: Using Scenario Manager

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

One problem that could cause this is the 'Example wizard'.
When you start an .app file for the first time, a window (example wizard) is displayed to quickly open a certain example model. This window blocks (auto)execution models. The solution is to tick the 'Do not show this dialog the next time Enterprise Dynamics is started' box on.

The experiments inside the models contain the definitions. The scenario manager merely subsequently executes the models.
giannis

Post by giannis »

Thank you Matthijs

for your answer you were right that was the problem! However now I have another problem!
When the experiment is finished and the system is ready to save the results I get a message that no results file
exists in the directory I have chosen and it doesn't save anything. It only saves two files
ExperimentGroups.sim and ExperimentResults.sim.
Ioannis Goniadis
MatthijsJongboer

Did you define multiple scenario's with different output directories?
Each scenario should have it's own unique settings.
giannis

Post by giannis »

To begin with let's make clear some terminology. An experiment is a set of defined model, library and output file. In the model loaded an experiment must have been defined. A scenario is a set of multiple experiments right?

When I load many experiments in the same scenario and I define the same output file I get a warning that different experiments within the same scenario cannot have the same output file (so if I have 15 models I need 15 different folders ?!). However even if I add only one it does not work.

Is it possible that there is some conflict with the firewall of windows because I get warnings that scenario manager does not come from a "known" publisher.
Ioannis Goniadis
MatthijsJongboer

You are right. Each experiment should have it's own results directory.
The two files you mention are containing the results. So for 15 experiments, you need 15 results directories; each containing the files. The experiment results can be viewed in the experiment wizard by selecting the desired directory.
So, if you only have one experiment, the results directory should contain the files. Does this not work?
giannis

Post by giannis »

Helllow again Matthijs another questions that came up. I am chaning the models to include ActiveX
connections. Does this conflict with the scenario manager because I tried to run some experiments
and they were aborted.

Thanx Again
Greetings
Ioannis
Ioannis Goniadis
MatthijsJongboer

I would say that there are no conflicts when not using them simultaneously.
The model (or experiment) runs on it's own.
Only when using the scenario manager, ED is restarted and any ActiveX link is lost.
In that case, you should replace or control the scenario manager. But that depends on what you want to achieve.