A Lifttruck between two Nodes

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
vahid.bgh

A Lifttruck between two Nodes

Post by vahid.bgh »

I want to know how can I have a model that in one way between two nodes just a lifttruck can move?
For example if in a way of network, a lifttruck is placing a box in warehouse the other lifttruck isn't allowed to come in and pick or place another box and when a lifttruck is picking a box the other one can't come and place and must wait or choose another way(between two other nodes) for placing.
Thanks 🙏🏻
vahid.bgh

Re: A Lifttruck between two Nodes

Post by vahid.bgh »

vahid.bgh wrote: Saturday 07 March, 2020 - 20:55 I want to know how can I have a model that in one way between two nodes just a lifttruck can move?
For example if in a way of network, a lifttruck is placing a box in warehouse the other lifttruck isn't allowed to come in and pick or place another box and when a lifttruck is picking a box the other one can't come and place and must wait or choose another way(between two other nodes) for placing.
Thanks 🙏🏻
Attachments
sto.mod
(60.65 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha vahid.bgh,

Have you already tried to set the capacities of the nodes to 1? That way, only one Advanced Transporter is allowed in between 2 nodes.

Success,

Harry
vahid.bgh

Post by vahid.bgh »

Yes I've tried it but model will stop when the boxes reach the capacity of nodes that are connected to warehouse.
Is there any example that can help me in this model?
vahid.bgh

Post by vahid.bgh »

Yes I've tried it but model will stop when the boxes reach the capacity of nodes that are connected to warehouse.
Is there any example that can help me in this model?
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha vahid.bgh,

In which version of ED is this model made? It seems to be a bit older?
Then I can try to recreate the same situation.

What I see at least is that you have 2 networks, which are both connected to the same warehouses. Unfortunately this is not allowed. The warehouse is, because of the connection, part of both networks, thereby "short cutting" them which gives strange results. I suggest you'll try to arrange this one network and then indeed use the dispatcher to solve which AT to use, as you've already done.

If you want to really have this split, you could consider placing a double warehouse, where the second one is connected to the first one and all products are directly moved through the first one as a work around. Make sure that the total content of the 2 warehouse together are taken (use Open- en CloseOutput to achieve this).

I hope this helps you a bit further.

Regards,

Harry
vahid.bgh

Post by vahid.bgh »

Thanks a lot Harry
I'm using 8.1 edition of ED. It's a little old.
Actually I wanna simulate a VNA warehousing model.
So there is a narrow way between 2 warehouses that just a lifttruck can move on it. To say better I don't want lifttrucks skip side by side. In the model I sent one of problems is that they go through each other, I want to solve this.
And other problem is that the capacity of nodes are related to warehouses which means when I set it for example 2, when boxes in the warehouse reach number 2 the way of that node will be closed and model hangs or maybe stop. The question is that can I relate the capacity to another atom for instance transporter?

Thank you again🙏🏻
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Pff... ED 8.1 That is some time ago ;-)
Unfortunately I only don't have anything older than 8.2 on my computer, so it's a bit difficult to help you. However, I can give a few tips:
  • What I mostly see with VNA's is that an aisle is one way and using a zigzag way to go through a warehouse. Otherwise, there is a chance that they block each other.
  • There was indeed a bug that when an AT was dropping something off, then returning to the network and driving in the other direction than where it came from, the capacity of the node it arrived over was not freed again.

Do you have a developer license? In other words can you use the atom editor? Then I can explain which piece of code you have to change to get this working again.
    • In the Atom Editor select the AT.
    • Go to the function tab.
    • Open the function "AdvancedTransporter_t-switchnodes"
    • Replace the code there with the following (it's a bit more extensive...)

Code: Select all

do(
        var([atmNextNode], vbAtom, Out(2, c)),  
        var([atmPrevNode], vbAtom, Out(3, c)), 

var([valRow], vbValue), 

valRow := IndexMatch(NrOc(atmPrevNode), atmNextNode, out(count, atmPrevNode)), 
        If(
          valRow > 0, 
          Cell(valRow, 2, atmPrevNode) := Cell(valRow, 2, atmPrevNode) - 1
        ),

valRow := IndexMatch(NrOc(atmNextNode), atmPrevNode, out(count, atmNextNode)), 
        If(
          valRow > 0, 
          Cell(valRow, 2, atmNextNode) := Cell(valRow, 2, atmNextNode) + 1
        ),

sddb([t-temp],ptv(out(2,c)),c),

connect(2,c,0,out(3,c)),
        connect(3,c,0,vtp(ddb([t-temp],c))),

setatt([octoprev],indexmatch(nroc(out(2,c)),atomid(out(count,out(2,c))),atomid(out(3,c))),c),
        setatt([octocur],indexmatch(nroc(out(3,c)),atomid(out(count,out(3,c))),atomid(out(2,c))),c),
        sddb([t-temp],0,c)
      )
    • Save the function
    • Save the atom to make sure that the next time the updated code is still there.
Otherwise, it gets a bit difficult I'm afraid.

I hope this helps you further.

Regards,

Harry
vahid.bgh

Post by vahid.bgh »

Thank you again for solving our problems.
I did what you said however it didn't work; I mean I replaced the codes you sent but again lifttrucks crossed over each other. Here I will attach a file that I've made again I would really appreciate if you could solve this problem for me.
And now I'm using ED version 8.2.5 student.
Attachments
t switch nodes.mod
(53.07 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha vahid.bgh,

I haven't looked at your new model, since I don't have much time at the moment, but the code I gave you is to fix the capacity problem of the nodes. So now it should be possible to set the capacities of the narrow aisles to 1 again. This should prevent AT's of driving through each other (as long as they are on the same network).

Otherwise, I hope to have a look at it tomorrow.

Gr, Harry