Optimization of the simulation speed

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Thore

Re: Optimization of the simulation speed

Postby Thore » Tuesday 18 December, 2018 - 20:44

Hi Harry
It works as it should. However, it is a bit hard to conclude wheter the speed actually has increased, but maybe a bit. But the write to excel after each simulation run takes severeal minutes.

Nevertheless, thanks for your effort :)

HarryBunnik

Re: Optimization of the simulation speed

Postby HarryBunnik » Wednesday 19 December, 2018 - 15:42

Ha Thore,

I just did a small speed test and using the option where you write all data away at the end using the ActiveX atom is about 25% faster (on my laptop), then the option where I use the direct link with the data recorders.

However, I also tried something else. Perhaps you can test it (I can't guarantee that it is working everywhere yet due to regional windows settings and other complications).
ExcelActiveX.atm
(100.17 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
I've made some adjustments in the ExcelActiveX atom. When you go to your installation directory of Enterprise Dynamics and then to the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Dynamics\Developer 10.#\Atoms\Data\... or C:\Program Files\Enterprise Dynamics\Developer 10.#\Atoms\Data\...

Please make a copy of the atom with that name already available, before you replace this atom. If you then start Enterprise Dynamics again and try a new run with the model where all the data is copied into the Excel ActiveX, I hope it works again a bit faster.

I'm curious what it gives!

Regards,

Harry

Return to “Modeling in Enterprise Dynamics”