Call of multiple operators from different teams

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
lindhard

Call of multiple operators from different teams

Post by lindhard »

Hi,

I tried to call two operators from two different teams to a assembler atom. I used the following 4d-script code at the trigger on entry

do(
CallOperators(AtomByName([Craftsmen],Model),1,1),
CallOperators(AtomByName([Material],Model),1,1)
)

At the trigger on exit:

Do(
FreeOperators(AtomByName([Craftsmen],Model),i),
FreeOperators(AtomByName([Material],Model),i),
)

My problem is that, the atom is not "assemblet" - the atom is busy but makes no output. I can't figure out how to get this to work.

Best regards Søren
MarvinH

Re: Call of multiple operators from different teams

Post by MarvinH »

Dear Søren,

Thanks for your post!

I have investigated your problem and indeed observed the described behavior. I also found the cause for the problem, being some administration issues within the team/operator atoms. This issue occurs when operators of different teams are called to the same atom (in your case the assembler). I will discuss my finding with my colleagues and come back to this thread as soon as we have a solution, probably next week.

In case you do not want to wait, you might want to implement a work-around, by assigning the operator of the "second" team to a dummy server (with cycle time 0). To do this, you can put a splitter in front of the assembler and send one product to the assembler and the other product to the dummy server. On the assembler you call the operator of the first team, on the dummy server you call the operator of the second team. Once both products are finished, the operators can be released again.

Attached you can find a model in which I have tried to model such a method.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Marvin
Attachments
DummyOperator.mod
Assembler and dummy server for the second team.
(44.91 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
marlies

Re: Call of multiple operators from different teams

Post by marlies »

Hello Søren,

I had a look at your question. I understand the functionality you want to have, but as Marvin explained, you will need a kind of workaround. Another example can be found in the attached model. All resources have been combined into 1 team. The resources have been categorized by having the same name.
Changing the team/operator to be able to call for 2 teams at the same atom, is quite complex. We are developing a new resource atom that will be available in a next release of ED. I hope you will be able to model your case using one of our suggestions. If not, let us know what difficulties you got.

Regards,

Marlies
Attachments
DummyOperator2.mod
(79.27 KiB) Downloaded 348 times