input channels closed for no reason

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
leojohnnson

input channels closed for no reason

Post by leojohnnson »

Hi,

I have a problem with my model, it crashes in about 30% of runs (in stochastic verison).
You can find the model in the attachment.
The thing is that the conveyor (consisting of many small copnveyors, at the bottom of the model) under the atom called Manip. 5b has closed input channels for an unknown, to me, reason.
Two situations occur:
1. the bottom conveyors are full and they stop to move (for no known to me reason)
2. a product enters the manipulator part b (in most of the cases it is manipulator 5b), while there is a free spot to put it on the conveyor and all the conveyors are slowed to 1^(-243) m/s (this always happens when a product enters any manipulator part b) but product somehow cannot enter the conveyor (if you will change the inter-arrival time in the Source atom to deterministic value 0.25, this problem will always occur at about 4h18min of the simulation run)

I should mention that some input and output channels are blocked 'manually' by 4Dscripts, but I did not set any rule that would cause the thing that happens in 2.

Thanks in advance!
Leo
Attachments
ver_5.6e.mod
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 346 times
MatthijsJongboer

Re: input channels closed for no reason

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hi Leo,
What could be a problem is the defenition you use in the condition control. The 3rd parameter of the 4DScript CreateEvent is the EventCode (Not the code to execute, although this is also possible). The result of the function Conveyors_ChangeSpeed is used in the atom speciefied as 2nd parameter. I think in most cases, it returns 0 so no additional code is executed. But, to be certain, simply remove the createevent parts and only execute the function (at time o).
Also the x- and z-size of 0 is for the advanced conveyors difficult to deal with when using physical dimensions.
Last point is that you seem to control all conveyors as one but leave spaces between the different parts.
I made adjustments to the mentioned items above and now it works in the attached model.
Attachments
ver_5.6e_EDCOM.mod
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 367 times
leojohnnson

Post by leojohnnson »

Dear Matthijs,

First of all, thank you very much for the reply and help.
Yes, you are right that I am using the bottom conveyors as one. filling the gaps between them was just 'cosmetics' ;) I did not bother to do this before :P
Unfortunately, what you proposed did not solve the problem but it gave me a clue to finding a solution. well, I'm not sure if it worked or not because in the model you've sent the Queue before the looping conveyor gets full and even before it gets full it slows down the simulation dramaticaly (this queue puts the products from the loop first in line), so I was not able to complete even one full run. It was caused by the dimentions of the product and the spacing on the first curved conveyor. actually it was all about the spacing. Everything started to work after I changed the dimentions of the product to (0,1,0) (I leave y=1 because the products look much better on the conveyors:) ) and the spacing rule on the bottom conveyors to: Window gap = 0. it worked even with my old Create Event scripts, but I've taken them out anyway.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.
Leo
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Yes, product dimensions are an important factor. Glad you have it working now.