How to prevent advanced transporters from "crashing"

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
kauno

How to prevent advanced transporters from "crashing"

Post by kauno »

Hi,

I have a problem with multiple advanced transporters working in same network. I've created a one-way network that includes crossings with network nodes. The problem is that multiple advanced transporters can run trough same crossing simultaneously which is not the case in reality. I can easily set the capacity of single path to 1, but is it possible in any way to set single capacity for group of paths so only one advaced transporter could enter the crossing at a time? Or is there any other way to handle this problem?
neutral

Re: How to prevent advanced transporters from "crashing"

Post by neutral »

I would also like to know if there is a good solution for this. I tried to come up with a solution, but due to the lack of control over the nodes and links between them, I did not manage to prevent the collision at a crossing point.
menno

Re: How to prevent advanced transporters from "crashing"

Post by menno »

Hello,

I tried to find 'an easy fix' for this problem. I wanted to create a little crossing consisting of 4 nodes (2 nodes for each direction). When a transporter enters one of the two 'entry' nodes of the crossing, the input of the other entry node must be shut. On exiting the crossing via the 'exit' node, the input of the other input node must be reopened. A simple solution.

Unfortenately I soon found out that the nodes do not use the 'normal' input/output logic. All logic is placed on the Advanced Transporter itself, making solving this problem a much more extensive exercise.