Problem with corner tranfer units

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Fischl.Riedhammer

Problem with corner tranfer units

Post by Fischl.Riedhammer »

Hello,

I have a problem in my model with the Corner Transfer Units.

First of all a short statment:
The red conveyors and the corner Transfer units are plate pushing machines
All other conveyors are roller conveyors.

The bottom part of the model runs as it should.
But the top part do not.
The two products can only enter the corner units at the same time (in real life there is only one vertical Conveyer and one corner Transfer unit that can move two products at the same time)

A hydraulic pusher pushes the products in horizontal direction from the end into the short red conveyor.

So you can see that the corner units dont work as one machine.

I don´t know how to solve the problem
Attachments
Corner transfer units.mod
(45.3 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Holger Pitsch

Re: Problem with corner tranfer units

Post by Holger Pitsch »

Hello Mr. Fischl,

Please find attached the revised model with a proposal for a solution.

In order to achieve that the 2 products enter the 2 CTUs in the top of your model at the time, opening and closing of the input channels of these CTUs need to be synchronized. You can achieve that by placing "CloseInput(c)" into Entry Trigger of the CTUs. By this an input channel will not automatically be opened again when a product leaves the CTU. This avoids that the left CTU accepts a new product once the last one has moved to the right CTU, which would end up in a non-synchronized entering of the 2 CTUs.

In the attached example the input channels will be opened again when the second of the former pair of products is leaving the first, small red buffer conveyor connected to the right CTU. This also avoids a collision of products in the second CTU. Opening of the input channels is achieved by placing "OpenOutput(...)" into the Exit Trigger of the Buffer Conveyor. Here you can also reset the speed of the CTUs to the higher level for pulling from the vertical conveyors.

I hope this solves the problem!?

Regards,

Holger Pitsch
Attachments
Corner transfer units - rev.mod
(45.78 KiB) Downloaded 271 times