Sequence Problem

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Dawr

Sequence Problem

Post by Dawr »

Hi Incontrol Community,

i need to solve one Problem with Simulation. For that reason i use Enterprise Dynamics.

Initial data:

I have 3 Products(ressource):
TB - 1
BL - 1
ML- 1

the logic for the sequence: Event(E1) needs 2 days (cycletime) of Product TB (amount of 1) to generate one Endproduct.
"and" stands for random processes, the constraint is that there is only one Product which is avaliable

Sequence (see attached file for better understanding):
E1 (2days) TB(1)->E2 (3days) TB (1) and E3 2(days) TB (1)->E4 (3 days) BL (1) and E5 (2days) BL (1)-> E6 (2days) ML (1) and E7 (2 days) ML(1)

Problems:
1. First of all i need to set label on the atoms(Products) so i can distinguish between each ressource. After that i need to do an Input strategy according to attached file.
2. Second stept is to set different Events and to define the cycletime according to the data in attached file, for example Event 1 need 2 days to generate one Endproduct, for that reason i take "Server" atom.
3. Is there any possability to use monte-carlo simulation to compare different results? Atom which can be used to compare rusults is the "Gantt"atom i think.

I would realy appreciate if you can adjust my model or simplify it somehow.

Best regards
Dawr
Attachments
Sequence.mod
(25.22 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Ress.JPG
Ress.JPG (24.07 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
Dawr

Re: Sequence Problem

Post by Dawr »

sorry attached wrong sequence, here is the right sequence
Attachments
Ress..JPG
Ress..JPG (24.76 KiB) Viewed 3827 times
Bram de Vries

Re: Sequence Problem

Post by Bram de Vries »

Hello Dawr,

I think understand some parts of your problem, but I have a few questions. I want to start by defining your TB, BL and ML as resources and the endproducts that flow through the events as products. Now my questions:

- What determines whether products move to event E2 or E3 from E1? Do you maybe have a distribution for this?
- You mention events E6 and E7, but I don't see them in the sequence you attached. I think these are supposed to be the two E4's at the end of the sequence?
- Am I correct in assuming that a product can have the sequence E1 -> E2 -> E4 -> E6 or E1 -> E3 -> E5 -> E7?

Kind regards,

Bram