Modelling a Delivery Tour

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
kuehlschrank1987

Modelling a Delivery Tour

Post by kuehlschrank1987 »

Hello guys,

I`ve got a problem with modeling a delivery tour in ED.
Let me explain the problem:
We have a modell with four shops, and also we have got a storage, the Storage is a queue.
We have to construct a shop delivery system, the delivery by truck as goods for the differents shops,
Does anybody now how to construc an unpack atom that does only unpack the goods for e.g. shop nr 1?
In my Simulation the unpack atom does unpack all the goods, but it should only unpack goods for the shop.
SimonvdW

Re: Modelling a Delivery Tour

Post by SimonvdW »

Hi,

It is possible to use the Assembler - Unpack combination for such a problem.

The Bill of Material (BOM) table in the assembler defines how many products from each of the input channels have to be loaded on the container atom (the truck that must be connected to the first input channel). The rows in the table refer to Input channels 2 .. n.

The unpack can be a representaton of a shop where the truck has to deliver a number of goods. The number of products that will be loaded from the truck is entered in the Unpack quantity. This is by default everything: content(first(c)). But you can enter another amount, read a value from a label, read it from a line in a tabel, , ....
Keep in mind that the unpack will always take the products from the truck according to Last In First Out (just as in reality). If you want specific products to be unloaded at specific shops you have to control the order they are feeded to the assembler or rearrange the order once they are in the truck.