Server set up

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Bram de Vries

Re: Server set up

Post by Bram de Vries »

Hello Martin,

There are some closeoutput and openoutput statements in the model I attached (also on the new queues I added), you can remove them if you are going to use this new setup.

Kind regards,

Bram
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

Hi Bram,

Thanks for your reply, using extra queue seems to work. As I tested my model with Assembly workplace, which Assembly and Assembly_HR durations are dependable on a label value I got a following error and product got stuck in the Assembly workplace:

Time: 67824 Atom: Assembly 2.1 (ID=209), OnExited>No atom currently selected: First()

Do you know what could be the cause of that error? I also attached a model which I used for testing.

BR.
Martin
Attachments
Layout_v11.mod
(61.67 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

Hi again,

No worries, already found the bug.

BR.
Martin
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

Hello Bram,

I tried to implement your Assembly workplace set up to my project model and found one interesting problem.

For some time the model works fine, but when the model is worked about 140h, then I noticed something interesting. Some products which previously have passed the Assembly workplace correctly then suddenly get stuck in the first Queue.The CallHumanResource atom's inputs and outputs are closed and the product will not enter Assembly workplace system.

I haven't found what could be reason for that and maybe you could help me that issue.

Also attached my project model. It also includes some other parts, but if you run it for 140h, then you will notice the problem in Queue nr.101, 100 and 99 for example.

BR.
Martin
Attachments
Project_model.mod
(241.8 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
tobias.reithmann

Post by tobias.reithmann »

Hello MartinL,

it appears that there is indeed a bug in the HumanResourcesTeam atom.
You see it in the "Tuulegeneraatorite kokkupanek" server after about 70 Hrs. The CallResources atom is blocked because of the busy Resource at this atom. Then the Resource gets unavailable due to its schedule. During absence the Resource is freed by command, but the CallResource atom does not notice.
Thats why your servers get blocked later on.
We'll get back to you as soon as we find a workaround or a solution to that problem, of course.
Thanks for pointing this one out.

Regards,

Tobias
Bram de Vries

Post by Bram de Vries »

Hello Martin,

Looking at your model, I noticed something which might cause your problem. In the latest example model I sent you in this topic, the Human Resource atom has some code defined on its Task Interrupt and Task resume triggers (visible when you doubleclick on the Human Resource atom). This code is however not defined on the Human Resource atoms in your model. I would suggest that you copy the code for both triggers to all the Human Resource atoms in your model and then test if this solves your problem.

Kind regards,

Bram
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

Hi,

I copied the Task Interrupt and Task Resume triggers to HumanResource atom (atoms Koostaja1...Koostaja4) and tested the model. Didn't found out if it solved the previous problem, but another one occured at 37hr 40min 12s. The HumanResource (Koostaja4) atom got stuck and started bouncing between Queue80 and the previous Server.

It is strange that for some time the model works and then it crashes. Hope you have some ideas what could be wrong?

Also attached the model.

Best Regards,
Martin
Attachments
Project_model_v2.rar
(11.18 KiB) Downloaded 242 times