Production line with multiple products

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
MartinL

Production line with multiple products

Post by MartinL »

Hello,

I have a universal (multi product) production line which has 5 process steps. Each step has multiple workplaces (servers). My aim is to find out how many workplaces each process step should have to ensure required capacity.

For defining when and which products are launched to the production line I would like to use ArrivalList.

My question would be how to connect different product types with different process steps servers, so that when specific product reaches the specific server, then corresponding setup and cycle time are assigned.

Appreciate your help!
HarryBunnik

Re: Production line with multiple products

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha MartinL,

That sounds to me as something you can achieve using a table. If you create a table you can then place for each product and each server the required process time. If you place on the product a label [ProductType] with the correct row and on the server a label [ServerNr] with a reference to the correct column, you can refer to the table.
Table.png
Table.png (9.77 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
When you than allow the table to create aliases, you can refer to it rather easily in the CycleTime of the server.

Code: Select all

ProcessTimesServers(Label([ProductType], first(c)),Label([ServerNr], c))
I would try something according these lines. I hope this idea helps you!

Cheers,

Harry
MartinL

Re: Production line with multiple products

Post by MartinL »

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. I used ArrivalList and labels, basically same method. but ArrivalList allowed me also to schedule the realease of products.

BR.

MartinL