Portal crane problems

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
carnm92

Portal crane problems

Post by carnm92 »

Hello!!
I'm trying to model a system in which some atoms have to be transported from a queue atom to one of 4 server atoms I have set, and after the cycle time, picked up and put in a final queue atom. I would like to use a portal crane to do this but I don't mind if there is another atom which does the same function of transporting. I am getting crazy with portal crane parameters and it goes everywhere except to where i want it to go. I have seen the advanced transport can be useful, but i don't understand what the offset parameters are used to.
Could someone please help me?
Thanks in advanced,
Carnm.
HarryBunnik

Re: Portal crane problems

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Carnm,

What is giving your trouble with the crane? Mostly the problem is to define the SendTo statement correctly, so the crane knows where to bring something. if you can post your model, we can have a look to perhaps improve on it.

The offset parameters of the advanced transporter are used to make them stay on one side of the network, or to make them stop to the side of a conveyor, instead of in the middle of it.

Both are possible to use.

Cheers,

Harry
carnm92

Post by carnm92 »

Hi,
I'm posting my model (simplified) as you suggested.
Atoms are named "original" after the first server "lectura" and then, the portal crane should take this atoms to server "Mecanizado1" or "Mecanizado2" (randomly). And then wait the cycle time to pick up the atom again (now named "mec) and take it to Sink. And while the server is working, the portal crane should pick another "original atom" to drop it in the other server. I mean, the portal crane has to fill the servers as soon as thay are empty and it has to empty the servers as soon as the cycle time is over. Maybe it is so complicated to do. but I will accept all suggestions.
Thanks!
Attachments
Portalcrane.mod
(30.15 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Dear Carnm92,

First of all, I'm sorry for the late response, but I wasn't able to answer sooner.

I've made some adjustments to the controls of the crane (and replaced the entire crane since I had troubles to get it to act the way I wanted).
Portalcrane v2.mod
(28.64 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
At the SendTo statement, I've simplified the code a bit. When the name of the product entering the crane is "Mec", I send it to the sink "Final". otherwise I check for the content of the "Mecanizado" servers and send it to an empty one.

Another important point is the entry strategy. When one (or both) of the "Mecanizado" servers are empty, I open all the incomming channels of the crane. When both "Mecanizado" servers are occupied, the crane can no longer accept anything from the queue. After all both destinations are already occupied and have no space.

I hope this helps you in further improving on your crane controls. :-)

Cheers,

Harry