Simulating Multiple Cycle Time and Setup Time in One Server

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
ameensnobar

Simulating Multiple Cycle Time and Setup Time in One Server

Post by ameensnobar »

Hi,
Please i need help regarding the following
i have five products for example,they go to queue then server then sink(very simple model) i used Arriving list to put these products inside it,i set different arriving time inside the Arriving list for these products ,how can i put different cycle time and setup time inside the server for these products when they pass the server ,for example product 1 has cycle time 5 seconds and product 2 has cycle time 7 seconds and so on ?

Appreciate your help
HarryBunnik

Re: Simulating Multiple Cycle Time and Setup Time in One Server

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha,

You can do this in several ways. one would be to make a case statement based on the nr. of products that have entered the server (such code you can set on the cycle time of a server):

Code: Select all

Case(
  input(c), 
)
This is however, when you have a lot of products quite tedious. Another option is to use the "input(c)" as a reference to a row in a table in which you have defined all the cycle times. The table you can find in the library under "DATA". Using the aliases makes it possible to refer to your "YourCycleTimeTable".

Cell(Input(c), 1, refYourCycleTimeTable)
Or you'll have to write some code that can calculate your cycle time.

As you see, there are quite some options.

Cheers,

Harry
ameensnobar

Post by ameensnobar »

Thanks Harry

Attached my simple Model,i want to produce cap 1 to cap 5 with quantity 10000 pc for each one as mentioned in the arrival list atom.When finish producing cap 1 then cap 2 quantity is sent automatically to the server and so on.for cap 1 the cycle time is 3s/pc ,for cap 2 cycle time is 4s/pc for example and so on for others(each cap type has different cycle time),there is setup-time when changing from cap 1 to 2 to 3 and so on.

Please help me by putting these rules inside the model (different cycle time,setup-time and automatically send cap 2 to the server when cap 1 quantity 10000 is finished and so on)

Appreciate your cooperation
Attachments
Arrival List.mod
(20.52 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha,

I think you are on the right way. You already defined a label value in the arrival list. This you can use as a cycle time. If you then use a modulo for the input of the server and compare it with 10000, you can add for each 10.000th product some extra time which is your setup time. So something like this on the servers cycle time:

If(
  Mod(input(c), 10000), 
  Label([value], i) + SetupTime,
  Label([value], i)
)

I had no time to test, but I think it should give you and idea!

Cheers,

Harry