Sent to other target on breakdown?!

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Pauke

Sent to other target on breakdown?!

Post by Pauke »

Dear community members,
I'm currently working in a group of students for a projekt with Enterprise Dynamics.
We've encountered a problem which none of us could find any solutions for.
We need a Server to send its product to a different target when an "breakdown" occurs and change its target back after the product left the server.
How could this problem be solved?
In addition: We're all completely noobs at Enterprise Dynamics.
All help is welcome.
Nick

Re: Sent to other target on breakdown?!

Post by Nick »

Hi Pauke,

I assume you already have a Server atom with 2 output channels. Products are sent to the next 'target' according to the 'Sent to' statement of the Server atom. The default value of the Sent to statement is 1. All products are sent to output channel 1. If you fill in 2 all products are sent to output channel 2 etc..

In your case you want a more flexible Sent to statement. If the server breaks down send the product to channel 2 otherwise send the product to channel 1. This is a conditional statement, option 10 in the Sent to statement dropdown menu of the Server atom.

This statement should know the state of the Server atom (did it break down or not) in order to decide the destination of the product. You could store this information in a label on the Server atom. For example on the Trigger on Breakdown:

Code: Select all

Label([broken],c) := 2
(c stands for current atom; := means assign value/status)
The send to statement (Send to dropdown option 10: conditional formatting) in 4DScript:

if(Label([broken],c) = 2, 2, 1)
Now you only need to reset the Label to 1 when a new product enters the Server atom.
In addition: http://academy.incontrolsim.com/documen ... ation.html

Regards, Nick
Pauke

Post by Pauke »

Hi Nick,

thanks for your fast reply.

Your soulution makes sense to me and the products are sent to the "second" destination when a breakdown occurs as I wanted them to do.
But when I put the reset of the label to value := 1 on the Trigger on Entry the server just sends its product to destination 1 and does not send them to destination 2 anymore although every 4th product should cause a breakdown and be sent to destination 2.

I tried to put the reset of the label to the Trigger on Exit and Trigger on Repair of the server as I do not know the exact chronology of the Triggers but this did not work out as well.

I also tried to reset the label on the Trigger on Entry of the second destination which is an multiserver. This worked out fine but only if I use one server. In fact I need to have 9 servers sending their breakdowns to this multiserver.
I tried to reset the label of every server at once with a "do-command" on the Trigger on Entry of this multiserver but that does not seem to work as well.

My last solution is to put a Transport-Atom between every server and the multiserver and put the "label-reset" on the Trigger on Entry" of every Transport-Atom.
But our task was to ignore the transport to the multiserver so I would really like to have a smoother solution for this problem.

I hope I was able to point out my problem.

Regards, Pauke
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi Pauke,

The Trigger on Breakdown functions correctly if you use the MTTF [s].
It is also possible to use the modulo input of the Server to send every 4th product to another output channel.

Send to:

If(mod(input(c),4) = 0, 1, 2)
Both options are explained in the attached example.

Regards, Nick
Attachments
example_breakdowntrigger.mod
(16.23 KiB) Downloaded 293 times