Import in ED9

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
Chiara

Import in ED9

Post by Chiara »

Hello,

I recently switched from ED8.5 to ED9. With ED8.5 I created my own .app, my own pDir and consequently my library. My trouble is to import my .app in ED9. I tried to create a new package with my atoms but I received errors in preregister functions..and obviuosly, I lost the link to my pDir (renaimed IDir).

I also tried to create the file .lbrx by writing by hand all atoms that I need to import, but I can't do the same mechanism for the file .4ds..There's a clever and easiermanner to do this importation?

Thank you,
Chiara
MatthijsJongboer

Re: Import in ED9

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello Chiara,

It is possible to use your ED8 .app within ED9 by making some small modifications.

With ED9, you now have the option to create models with standard products and packages, models with custom packages and custom products. To do this effectively, you need to download and install the Developer Tools package. Click BrowsePackages … on the Help tab of the main menu of Enterprise Dynamics 9. In the help file that comes with this package, you can read how you can achieve this. It depends on what you want to create. This is a new method for ED9. You can read more about packages here: http://www.incontrolsim.com/en/enterpri ... kages.html

Now, when you have your own .app file, you can add this file to the apps folder. A file selection window is automatically shown where there is more than one .app file. When you have custom atoms, you can place them in the pDir directory as well but since many users do not have rights for this, we have chosen to place this in the MyDocuments directory. It then depends on what atoms and functionality you use in your .app file but you can use then pDir or iDir or set a variable that points to the correct directory. Also consider moddir and workdir as system variables.

I hope this will get you started using your model in ED9. If you have more questions, please post them here.