Conducting on autofit on datasets in ED

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
ditmar

Conducting on autofit on datasets in ED

Post by ditmar »

Hi Matthijs,

- I don't know if I used to autofit option in a proper way, because its still not very clear to me. In my attached model the arrival distribution has already been set by your colleque. But now I want to use the autofit funtion for the wheigingbridge atom and the departurelist atom. Therefore I calculated the cumulative percentage of the total and made a emperical distribution. But know the actual data still have to be uploaded and the distribution has to be fitted. I attached my Excel sheet + ED model where you can see the data sets for the depaturelist and the wheiging bridge. Could you explain or show how to exactly model this in ED ?

Thank you very much for your assistence.

Best regards

Ditmar Rijk
outgoing + wheiging bridge data.xlsx
(230 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
huidige situatie in & uit.mod
(36.65 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
MatthijsJongboer

Re: Conducting on autofit on datasets in ED

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hi Ditmar,
The autofit tool is a tool within Enterprise Dynamics.
It converts a given dataset to a probability distribution.
I noticed the standard excelcode to read data still uses old DDE connectivity. So I created a model with an ExcelActiveX atom that makes a connection to your excelsheet. I configured the atoms so that it reads column 1, 150 rows into the table.
Now, giving the table an alias allows the data to be accessible through: ExcelActiveX1_table1(count,1)
Setting the number of data points to 150 will propose a distribution. (Lognormal(120.48,30.99)).
Attachments
Autofit_excel.mod
(4.8 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
ditmar

Re: Conducting on autofit on datasets in ED

Post by ditmar »

Hi Matthijs, It worked thankyou very much for your help.

However, my arrival list is configured with an emperical distribution. The nice part about that is that you can determine how much of the arrivals are arriving at certain hours of the day.

Is it also possible to use an empircal distribution when using a Active Excel X atom. Or should it be configured within Excel itself and how?

If you look at my previous model you can see Marlies added the Emperial distribution + the tabel for the growfactor. In the 4D script she put the distribution which was fitted. However I can't see the actual data anywhere did she uploaded it once and deleted it again from the model because she only needed the distribution figures ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Ditmar