Experimentation with the Advanced transporter

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
renevandewall

Experimentation with the Advanced transporter

Post by renevandewall »

Dear members,

I have made a model that uses trucks (advanced transporters) to deliver products to customers, but now want to run experiments to measure the performance of my trucks.

I found in the Help-section that the truck has several statuses (Idle, down, etc), but it is not given how to retrieve this information from the Adv-transport Atom(s).

What I want to know from the model:

For each batch of X products I have produced, I want to know
1. how many trucks are used to transport the products
2. the amount of atoms that go in each truck (capacity used)
3. The driving sequence of the truck (i.e. startnode- nodeX1 - node X2 - nodeX3 - startnode), or better said, the nodes where the truck unloaded products per delivery-run.
4. The occupation-time from the moment the truck departs from the startnode, to return at the startnode
5. The idle time of a truck between two batches. (time between return of bringing batch 1 --> depart to deliver batch 2)

extra info on the model:
- products have a label destination (where the customer is), and priority of delivery: highest prioritized products must be delivered first.
- products are assigned to trucks based on priority: the products with the highest priority go in truck 1 until it is full, less important in truck 2, etc.
- priority of products differs per batch production
- the drivingroute / delivery sequence is determined by the products the truck has its container. delivery is based on priority of the products in the container
- Truck 1 always departs first, then truck 2, etc.

I hope my problem is clear.

Kind regards,
René
renevandewall

Re: Experimentation with the Advanced transporter

Post by renevandewall »

Hi,

I managed to do 1 and 2, but I don't know how to perform 3 and 4.

Is there some some way to calculate the cycletime
of a truck for a delivery-run, and the nodes where the truck has to unload within this run?

A general explanation of where I have to connect a measurement variable to would allready help a lot

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards

René
Nienke Valkhoff

Post by Nienke Valkhoff »

Hi René,

Here a first step that can help you with acchieving 3 and 4. If you place the following code in the entry and exit trigger of the Adv Transporter, then you can write all the Load and unload locations and the times to a table with alias 'MyTable'.

Code: Select all

Do(
 Inc(Label([row], c)),
 SetMyTable(Label([row], c),1,Name(in(2,c))),
 SetMytable(Label([row], c),2,Time)
)
Please let me know if this helps you.

Best regards,

Nienke
renevandewall

Post by renevandewall »

Dear Nienke,

Thank you for your thoughts.
I have been working on the topic and finally managed to work my way around using codes in the load and unload fields of the Adv transporter:

starttime:
when a product is loaded, the startime is the moment of loading + the total loading time needed to load the product. This time is updated everytime a new product is loaded.

Stoplocation + time:
everytime the truck unloads the name of unloaded place is related to a matching destination label on the first atom. the time is measured aswell

return from delivery:
When the truck reaches the homebase and runs the unload script, I use an 'if(content = 0 , then write the simulation time' to determine the stoptime. Time for a delivery run is then the starttime - stoptime.

Regards,
René