Openen en inladen .jpg bestand

All topics related to questions in Pedestrian Dynamics
WietseS

Openen en inladen .jpg bestand

Post by WietseS »

Hallo!

Ik had via via begrepen dat het mogelijk was om .jpg bestanden te inladen in Pedestrian Dynamics. Mij lukte het niet, dus heb ik het iemand anders laten doen. Ik krijg dan steeds de melding dat het .jpg bestand niet bestaat. Degene heeft mij het volgende bestand gestuurd; PD Wietse.mod. Deze wil ik dan vervolgens openen in PD2. Maar nu weigert PD het bestand te openen, ik was benieuwd of het jullie wel lukt en of jullie weten waar het aan ligt?

Groet,
Wietse
Attachments
PD Wietse.mod
(154.29 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Nienke Valkhoff

Re: Openen en inladen .jpg bestand

Post by Nienke Valkhoff »

Thank you Wietse for your question.
For future posts, please write in English so global users can profit from it.

It is indeed possible to use a .jpg as background image. Images can be very useful as background to guide the construction of the environment, i.e., where to place obstacles and infrastructural element, entrances and exits. Below you can find how you can place the image as backgroud.

Note that in Pedestrian Dynamics each Height Layer can contain a background image. Beside using Height Layers for walkable area you can add extra height layers to contain a background image. Open the user interface of the Height Layer. Click browse. On the General page in the group background click browse. The Resource Manager will appear. In the Resource Manager, click Add and add your image. Select the image you have added to the Resource Manager and click OK. Also check the option 2D Background of the Height Layer.

Preferably use a vector image file as background see the documentation page: Building a Model > Draw elements > Height Layer. Here you can find the supported vector file types.
WietseS

Post by WietseS »

I already tried to use .jpg as background image using
Note that in Pedestrian Dynamics each Height Layer can contain a background image. Beside using Height Layers for walkable area you can add extra height layers to contain a background image. Open the user interface of the Height Layer. Click browse. On the General page in the group background click browse. The Resource Manager will appear. In the Resource Manager, click Add and add your image. Select the image you have added to the Resource Manager and click OK. Also check the option 2D Background of the Height Layer.
But every time I got an error message. I have added a screenshot in attachment. What am I doing wrong now? Have I to place the .jpg in a special map or in PD-map?
Attachments
Error message
Error message
PD probleem.png (217.02 KiB) Viewed 6028 times
Nienke Valkhoff

Post by Nienke Valkhoff »

It does not matter in which directory you place the .jpg. As long as the path in the resource manager is correct.

I do not know yet what is going wrong. I was not able to reproduce your error. Could you describe step by step what buttons you press and at what moment you get the error message.

Earlier you send the model file. Could you also send the .jpg file so I can test if I can set the image as background in your model.
WietseS

Post by WietseS »

I will send it to you in a private message.