Longer cycle time

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
WUR

Re: Longer cycle time

Post by WUR »

No, at the order generation at the DC (order generation source atom) with the function:
if(Label([order size DC], i) = content(out(2,c)) <= Parameter(21,1), label([order size DC],i) := Max(0, (Parameter(14,1)) - content(out(2,c))), label([order size DC],i) := 0)
menno

Post by menno »

Okay,

Well you can put this label on the first product in your order (again on assembler, on trigger on entry chn. 2-n):

Code: Select all

do( 
  if(
    content(c) = 2,
    label([batchsize], rank(2,c)) := label([order size dc], first(c))
  )
)
One thing, on your assembler you always pack 11 products to your order. Shouldn't this also be dependent on the order size?

Kind regards,
Menno
WUR

Post by WUR »

Hi Menno,

First of all, thank you for all your anwers and time.
I put the model in the attachment with the adjustments.

I also entered the 4D scripts for transportation to the retail outlet (right side of the model). However, here transport takes very long, because the the amount of products transported is not the same as order size, due to the fact that there are already some products lost (poor quality). Do you know how I can adjust for these products?

Something like that the products in the batch size are corrected for the products that are lost, and transportation is not waiting on the remaining products? Do you understand?

Kind regards,
WU
Attachments
Trial 15-07.mod
(125.1 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
menno

Post by menno »

Hello WUR,

First of all, we must know if the lost products are all got rid off at the time the first product at the batch gets to the 'transport from DC' server. This means that when the first product (which has the label 'batchsize retail') enters the server, the definitive batch size is set.

If this is the case, then we can update this label every time a product is rejected.

Is it possible that this first product can also be rejected?

If not, then we can make references on all other products of the batch to this fist product, for instance on the assembler on trigger on entry chn. 2-n:

do( 
  if(
    content(c) = 2,
    label([batchsize DC], rank(2,c)) := label([order size DC], first(c)),
    label([ref_to_firstproduct], rank(content(c), c)) := ptv(rank(2,c))
  )
)
Then, everytime a product is rejected, then put something like the following on a entrytrigger of sink or server of the rejection channel:

label([batchsize retail], vtp(label([ref_to_firstproduct], i)) :=  label([batchsize retail], vtp(label([ref_to_firstproduct], i)) - 1
Hopefully this gives you an idea of how to tackle this.

Kind regards,
Menno