empirical distribution

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
tokkitrooi

empirical distribution

Post by tokkitrooi »

Hello,

How can I integrate a empirical distrubtion in the right way?

In the empirical distribution you can give the atoms some values, so for 10% ''40'' en for 30% "50" and else "80"

so the table will be:

10 40
40 50
100 80

But, has the emp. distribution be connected to the source? and how can i tell the server that he must take the value of the em. distribution? in the cycletime, i can not say something like : Label( blabla), because i don't make any labels...

thank you!
MatthijsJongboer

Re: empirical distribution

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

When using the empirical distribution atom, you can choose a distribution name. This name becomes a global 4DScript that can be used throughout the model without having to connect any channels.
Attached the example model from ED. I revised it so the server now takes the values from a new Empirical Distribution according the data you provided.
Attachments
Empirical_Distribution_2.mod
(15.55 KiB) Downloaded 603 times
tokkitrooi

Post by tokkitrooi »

Ok, thank you! but the following is the case:

If the arrival time is for example 10 (and that happens in 10% of the cases) , the cycle time has to be 50 or something like that.

The file has only to empircal distrbution with no link ( i think):

because now it is possible that an arrival of 10 can have a cylcletime of 100 or something like that. How can you model this?
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

The arrival time is something different. In the model, the cycletime is chosen based upon the provided emp.distr.
I understand form your remark that there is a relation from the arrivaltime and processtime?