A Movie Creator

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
LAC-Bursi

Re: A Movie Creator

Post by LAC-Bursi »

No, the status monitor doesn't update, but you just need to manually decrease the speed after the start of the movie.

I have another question:

I set the movie size to 1920x1080 (as the monitor resolution), but the file created is 1920x975 or 1912x1020 or other similar values??, why?

Thanks

Fabio
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Fabio,

Strange with the status monitors. I'll look into that and try to find a solution.

And about the point of Full HD, I refer to the full-hd-3d-simulations-t211.html in the community.

In short: what is recorded is the inside of the animation window, so the information bar at the top and the bottom are not recorded and are deducted from your resolution. So only if you have a monitor with a resolution even higher than full HD, you can record genuine Full HD with ED. In all other cases you are recording, just like you say, with a resolution very close to Full HD, but just not there. This you have to fix with movie production software. And recording on Full Screen is not possible.

What you can do is to turn of the status bar, to at least have just the 10 pixels more resolution.

So sorry to disappoint you, but this is the closest we can get to full HD.

Cheers, Harry
LAC-Bursi

Post by LAC-Bursi »

Hi Harry,

I would create a linear path, without yaw or other. How can I do? because if i click only on plus or minus buttons is very complicated for me to find a good solution.

Thanks for your commitment.

Fabio
LAC-Bursi

Post by LAC-Bursi »

Can you attach here an example and the excel sheet containing the correct parameters?

Thanks
Fabio
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Fabio,

I understand what you mean and agree that sometimes its takes quite some tweaking to come to the result you desire. I've thought of a few ways to make it easier and tried to write them down (and also included it in the help files, so its the extended help where I quote from now, so its indeed all new ;) ):
A relatively quick way of setting up your path is to use the 3D view in combination with F7 (which opens the Fly Camera GUI). Here you can easily adjust the rotation and position of the camera. By pressing the OK button once you' re done and applying a single clicking in the 3D view (this helps to update the status bar), the camera moves to the defined position and rotation. Then using the update position and rotation buttons (from the MovieCreator GUI), allows you to quickly set up the path of your liking.

Note:
When moving the camera by hand it can occur that the rotation of the camera is internally set by ED to 360, instead of 0. This will result in the camera making a complete rotation around its axis. This can of course be what you wish, but otherwise make sure that a 0 is followed by a 0!

Note:
When you already know your path, than consider to only use the basic points, save the settings to an Excel file. Next you easily manipulate the path in Excel.
I've also made a small, simple model and an Excel file with the path that I've created in the model. I hope this helps you further.

Cheers,

Harry
Attachments
SimpleStraightPath.xls
An excel file generated from the data within the MovieCreator atom describing the simple path. This can be used to manipulate and add extra points to your own liking. note that when opening it can give an error message from Excel, but I'm not sure where that originates from, besides that it has to do with the version of Excel. But it still opens and saves without problems.
(9.8 KiB) Downloaded 714 times
SimpleStraightPath.mod
A very simple example model with a camera following a path build up out of straight lines in 3D.
(19.79 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Here is an adjusted version that also records Status monitors and an updated help file including the last issue.

Cheers,

Harry
Attachments
MovieCreator Beta_003.zip
(790 KiB) Downloaded 724 times
giovanni

Post by giovanni »

Hello
I try to use movie creator.
I did everythings u sad, but the Gui doesn´t work right.
It miss some texture i don´t think that i put them in the wrong folder

Could be another problem?
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Giovanni,

That is a new one. Lets first cover the basics :-)
  • Can you tell me which texture is missing?
  • Did you unzip the directory and than copied it completely to the ED directory?
  • Can you otherwise post the error message?
Cheers,

Harry
LAC-Bursi

Post by LAC-Bursi »

Hi Giovanni,

you have to put the media in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Dynamics 8 Developer\Media\Buttons

Fabio
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »