pick and store in a Warehouse

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
kleinepia

pick and store in a Warehouse

Post by kleinepia »

Hey there,

I got to try to create a warehouse with different warehouse-categories for different kind of products and need to store and pick from these diffent warehouses.

now my problem is, that the storage throug a advanced transporter workes, but the pick out of the warehouse throug another advanced transporter back into a sink is not working and I don´t know why.

I saw the example: AdvancedTransporter_PickAtom&PlaceAtom2 where the ForkLiftController is included. I can not add this to my modell and I don´t now if this is the problem why my picking out of the warehouse is not working.

Thanks for help in advance
Pia
Attachments
Test Ein-Auslagerung3.mod
(56.46 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
MatthijsJongboer

Re: pick and store in a Warehouse

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hi kleinepia,
If you make use of a network, you might want to attach the transporters to it. Furthermore, your answer is explained in the AdvancedTransporter_PickAtom&PlaceAtom2 model. There is a special atom created in the model called ForkliftController. I would suggest to have this atom in your model combined with the triggers OnEntry and OnExit on the transporters in the example model. Furthermore, be aware that you seem to be using 2 networks. Each network probably has a transporter attached to it.
kleinepia

Post by kleinepia »

Dear Matthijs,

thanks for your answer.
As I saw, I forgot to add the second Advanced Transporter to the network. I done this now. But it still doesn´t work.

As I mentioned before, I can not add the special atom ForkLiftController into my Modell. If I try to Create it in the trigger on entry from the advanced transporter, like the code in the example, I get a compile Error message
Compile error: "CreateEvent(0,refForkLiftController,1,-100,c)," is not a valid expression. Reference: CreateEvent(0,refForkLiftController,1,-100,c),
MatthijsJongboer

Have a look at the example model again. Here you see that on the OnCreation eventhandler of the ForkLiftController, some global variables are defined. Furthermore, logic is defined to centralize control of the system.

It is best to create an atom in your model that acts the same. This requires working with the atom editor since you need to create a new atom and include code. I will give a short introduction on how to do this.
  • 1. Select the model Tree button from the menu.
    2. Select the model atom in the tree
    3. On the Insert tab select 'Insert a new Atom'
    4. In your model layout, locate the origin (0,0)
    5. Select the atom at the origin and scale it
    6. In the model tree select the New Atom and press F9
    7. Now you are inside the Atom Editor for the newly created atom. Here (on the events tab in OnInit) you can define your variables.
Now you can work with this atom to match the example model.
kleinepia

Post by kleinepia »

Dear Matthijs,

sorry to come back to you again.
I now added the ForkLiftController into the Modell but it still doesn´t work.

I created exaclty the same Modell as the example, and also here it doesn´t work.
Could you have a look on it and tell me why?

many thanks in advance
Pia
Attachments
Test ForkLiftController.mod
(47.67 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
MatthijsJongboer

Hello Pia,

You're almost there.
The global variables you defined on the ForkLiftController are not implemented (except for the refForkLiftController). You can repeat this for the other atoms as well (transporters and warehouses) to place the refAtom variable in the OnInit eventhandler followed by it's atom reference (c).
Your system is ready to go but needs an initial trigger to start. In the example it is defined on the entrytrigger of one of the warehouses.
Attached the model since I used it to figure out hat the problem was.
Attachments
Test ForkLiftController_working.mod
(48.18 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
kleinepia

Post by kleinepia »

Hey Matthijs,

is there any skript or book I can read more about ED to figure out these problems? I´ve just the turorial :( and a skript from my professor which just show a small choice of atoms.

Now I´ve got the problem that I want to connect a input and an output stategie together. And even this is not working.
I got a error message: Time: 1409.21709289089 Atom: WarehouseA (ID=209), OnEntered>No atom currently selected: refPicker

how can I decide which atom should be selecet in the WarehouseA?

Attached my adjusted modell.
Attachments
Test Ein-Auslagerung4.mod
(61.34 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
MatthijsJongboer

The tutorial is a good beginning.
As important is the Tutorial ED Annexes, especially Annex 3.
Then I would say the help files and quick starts located in the help sub directory of the ED installation directory.
This community is then your best change or the documentation found on our academic site http://www.incontrolsim.com/academy/
I will have a look at your model and see if I can reproduce it.
MatthijsJongboer

I'm not able to reproduce the error. However, I have some remarks about the model.
The storage transporter fills the warehouses but does not follow the network.
Next you need to have a look at the text at the example model. The code on the atom forkliftcontroller is based upon two warehouses. Your model has 4.
kleinepia

Post by kleinepia »

Hey Matthijs,

thanks for your hints..
The Storage in my modell is now following the network and even it is working for 48 Warehouses. But until now the code for the Picker is still not working :( and I have at the moment no clue how to write the code for the 48 Warehouses.

from that moment on I includes a Picker into the modell, the storage is stopping.

Is there any other solution how I can get my products out of the warehouse again?
attached, once again the updated modell.

many thanks in advance.
Attachments
bis Sink mit Assembler u 12 Einlagerung u Auslagerung3.mod
(550.52 KiB) Downloaded 336 times