Mttf- Mttr Availability

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Iljanna

Mttf- Mttr Availability

Post by Iljanna »

hey people :D
we have a big problem, which we cannot solve, could you please help us?

in our model we try to simulate a restaurante and we use an Assembler as a table. Because there is no posibility to set a mttb time in it, we used the atom mttf- mttr Availibility.
Our problem is, that when we start the simulation, the atom also starts to count the time. But we would like to start the first breakdown after a customer enters the "Table"/Assembler. Has someone an idea how we could set these informations?
Attachments
Modell.mod
(30.73 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
MarvinH

Re: Mttf- Mttr Availability

Post by MarvinH »

Hello!

I have some questions about your model. My first question is: what are you assembling on the "table"? Second: Is there only one table in your restaurant? Third: What are you trying to simulate with the breakdown at the table?

Kind regards,

Marvin
Iljanna

Post by Iljanna »

Hey Marvin, thanks for your quick response!
The modell i loaded up is just a small modell and not the real. but my team and i tried to set the informations in a small modell first to look if it is working. after we solved the problem we are going to transfer it to the real model, so there are around 20 tables

the assembler/Table gets the customers in form of a pallet inside and then waits for food and drinks to come in.
we wanted to simulate the call of an operator with the breakdown times, so that every 5 minutes the operator has to go to the table to check if the customers are still happy, or if he should take an order or clean up the table.

Do you have any idea now?
MarvinH

Post by MarvinH »

Hello!

Thanks for the clarification.

Once a container (customer) enters, the status of the assembler is set to 22 (collecting). After the products (food and drinks) are all collected, the cycle time starts and the status of the assembler is set to 2 (busy). Do you want the "operator" to visit the table during the collecting phase as well? Otherwise you could just set the cycle time of the assembler to 0 and put a server behind it to simulate the actual cycle time (i.e. dinning time). On the server you can use the MTTF and MTTR as you are familiar with.

Hopes this works out for you.

Kind regards,

Marvin