Model problem

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
jyde

Model problem

Post by jyde »

Dear Sir/Madam,
Got some problem on my model. the red product doesnt go on the line only the grey product does. also i want fix operators each machine but the operators are moving from one station to another. another problem,is when run the simulation clock at some stage are lot of bottleneck at end of the line and how is it possible to draw a simply engine block as atom on atom editor. can please kindly draw one if is possible?.
thanks for time.
Attachments
FINAL MODEL 3.mod
final engine line
(591.8 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Josie

Re: Model problem

Post by Josie »

Dear Jydu,
1. Input material and corresponding channels should all be specified in Assember, using b.o.m Table. In the column reference of b.o.m table, a selection rule should be given.
2. You did good in call and free operators in servers. In order to fix the operator in specific server, one step further is to specify the operator name in the function calloperators. (Note that the name of operator is capital sensitive.)
3. AtomByname works fine, but it is not time-efficient. A suggested way is to link the central channel of Team23 to the second ic of servers. And use "in(2,c)" to get the reference to team23 in function "calloperators".
4. Some of your conveyors should be adjusted of the rotation or the directon of curve, otherwise the animation of product flow is reversed.
5. What kind of bottleneck have you come across? If you mean containers accumulate on the conveyor, it is because of the capacity of conveyors. If you do not mean this, please tell me.
6. Another suggestion is on your using source7 to create containers. It is allright to model it like this, but the result is there will be more than nessecary containers in the system. Solution: set a limitation on the Number of products created in Source7, and connect the source7 to the second ic of calloperators rather then the first ic. (As the 1st ic has higher priority than the 2nd one, this switching of ics make sure that used containers will enter again systems before newe containers.)
7. About the 3D draw, please refer to this link: 3d-animation-in-enterprise-dynamics-t41.html#p130. Or there are some useful functions for you such as Draw3DModel3D, cylinder, and so on. Use them in On3dDraw and remember to enable the "3D Draw" in "3D"window of Atom Editor.

please find attachment the model I made basing on yours.

KR
Josie
Attachments
FINAL MODEL 3_rev.mod
(614.82 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
jyde

Post by jyde »

Hi josie,
please can u make me an example of a fix worker working in a station because all the examples on ed are working walker from a station to another.
Josie

Post by Josie »

Dear Jyde,
I have already put the fixed-operator-to-server example in original revised model to you. They are the first several servers in your model.
But here is another simple model I have made. Have a check whether this is what you want?

KR,

Josie
Attachments
example_fixedoperator.mod
(33.7 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
jyde

Post by jyde »

thanks alot josie
jyde

Post by jyde »

hi josie
what about drawing simple a engine block.please can you help me with that as well ? please im really it difficult to draw it on editor.
thanks Josie for your time.
jide
Josie

Post by Josie »

Hi Jyde,
What is your engine like? What is the size?
jyde

Post by jyde »

hi josie,
Thanks for reply. please just do any simply car block.just wanna show it an engine runinng on the production line.
thanks alot for your time
JIde.
Josie

Post by Josie »

Dear jide,
If you just want a car, you can double click the "2D Icon" or "3D Icon" in Visualization of Product, choose a Icon from the resource manager, or even import other icons from library. (Add->browse)

I am not so sure whether you can see the codes or change them in the Atom Editor. If you can, all you want to see are in 2DDraw or in 3DDraw.

KR
Josie
jyde

Post by jyde »

thanks. to set-up tigger on breakdown and repair, is it same language with the entry and exit u show me.
i mean for example CallOperators(in(2,c),1,0,[Operator1]) and FreeOperators(in(2,c),i).