Problem with operator

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
byczek

Problem with operator

Post by byczek »

Hi Guys,

Maybe this is silly problem, but I cannot find a solution. I've got serious problem with calling operator sequentially. I've made a model with one way path (based on network nodes) which is connected with 3 servers and one assembler. I tried with priorities but it still doesn't work.

My intention is to force operator to do his job in order one after another to make a full round and then cycle it. At this moment operator launchs one server then makes incomplete round and launchs a server located side before.
I hope my describe is quite clear to understand and sorry if it isn't, because english isn't my native language,

I'm attaching file to show fully my issue (there is only one source, because there was too many obiects and I couldn't save the file)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l6ds6v
Thanks in advance and best regards!
Rafa?
marlies

Re: Problem with operator

Post by marlies »

Hi Rafal,

I had a look at your model and have 2 remarks:
1. You used the 4th parameter to define the priority of the tasks. This should be the 3rd parameter.
2. If I understand your question correctly you would like to have a dynamic prioritizing of tasks, depending on the location of the operator? This is not (yet) possible with the operator atom.

In the attached model I implemented a workaround which might help to solve the problem. Before the products enter the queue in front of the server, they pass through an additional queue. This queue has a maximum content of 3 products and a specific Input Strategy. I changed that to Round Robin. In that way the operator visits the 3 servers in the right order.

I removed the calloperators on the assembler as it wasn't clear to me which products needed to be assembled there (you connected only 1 server to this process)?

I hope that this gives you an idea how continue with the model. If not, feel free to post again.

Regards,

Marlies
Attachments
Nitownice ok2.mod
(62.91 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
byczek

Post by byczek »

Hi there,

Thank you so much for responding quickly. Unfortunately I can't open the file because there is too many objects. I'll try to analize it tomorrow at University. But if I understand it correctly it means the products will be mixed at additional queue and this is not my intention. Three servers have to work with different products. I made only one source because of objects limits in my version of ED, there should be 4 sources. 3 connected to servers and 4th to assembler. Also I wish to call a halt operator to assembler when it works.

Best regards
Rafa?
byczek

Post by byczek »

Allright, my mistake :) I used your tips on my model and it works correctly till now :) Thanks a lot!
byczek

Post by byczek »

Hi there,

I've got another problem. I'm wondering how can I simulate a multi-machine which treats a couple of products a the same time. Strictly, I'm going to simulate a work of laser cell. When operator ends preparation(setup) machine starts treating all products. Is it possible to simulate?

Thanks in advance
Rafa?
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Rafal,

You could model that by using:
1. The batch option in the server atom. In the tab "Specific" of the server, you will see the option for Batching. When you choose B in, B out, the server will collect the number of products you specify and then start to process them all at the same time. The operator can be called in the trigger on entry (e.g. when the first products enters: if(content(c)=1, calloperators.. etc)) and can be freed in the trigger on end of setup.
2. Another atom that you could use is the atom MultiService which is available in the Processes part of the library. This atom can process multiple atoms simultaneously. This atom is useful when the products to be processed at the same time have different/independent process times. However, the atom does not have a setup time option. To simulate the setup you could add a server in front of the multiserver and use the server to simulate the setup time.

Regards,

Marlies
byczek

Post by byczek »

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help! I made that model and it works great. But...when I made it I noticed there's a difference in status monitors connected to the two twin(almost) machines. One of them shows 3 conditions: busy, setup, waiting for operator[and that's what I want to see], and second shows: busy, COLLECTING, waiting for operator. How can I change that?

If someone can take a look I'm attaching my model http://www.sendspace.com/file/ie1aum
I hope that's my last silly question ;)

Regards,
Rafa?
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Rafal,

I had a look at your model and have the following remarks:
1. There was a small mistake in the entrytrigger of station 1: content(c=2) instead of content(c) = 2.
2. The collecting status is logical in the very beginning of the simulation. When the queues in front of the stations are still empty, the servers have to wait (status collecting) until the batch is complete. During the simulation, when the queues fill up, you will see that the percentage for this status decreases very fast.
3. Then the setup time. You would expect setup time at your servers as you defined this in the server atom. The problem is: when the operator arrives at the server, the status will be changed to busy instead of the setup status. This is a mistake in the atom, I will come back to that next week. However, the setup time is calculated in the right way, but in the results it's now included in the busy time. I attached the updated model to this topic.

Regards,

Marlies
Attachments
laser cell.mod
(82.82 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
byczek

Post by byczek »

Hi there,

I've got another question. Is there possibility to use distributions to set the setup time in server?

Regards,
Rafa?.
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Rafal,

Yes, it is. When you click on the arrow down button next to the setup time, a small square button will appear below it. Click the square butten and you will get an editor window where you can define your own setup time. Use any of the 4Dscript commands as there are available in the list of the cycletime field (e.g. negexp(9)).

Regards,

Marlies