Problem with operator

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
byczek

Re: Problem with operator

Post by byczek »

Hi Guys!

Thanks a lot for your help. I've almost done my model, but then I found another problem. As I said I'm trying to simulate a laser cell. So I'm using two servers which simulates setup time and treating on both sides. There is a problem, two sides cannot be treating at the same time! I've no idea how to force this system to do it properly. It should look like this:

setup side 1(s1) -> treating s1 (meanwhile setup s2) ->treating s2 when treating s1 is already completed.

I'm attaching my model http://www.sendspace.com/file/9li4nu

Thanks in advance I really looking forward to hear/see a solution :)

Regards
Rafa?
byczek

Post by byczek »

It's me again,

I struggled with this whole day and it still doesn't work. Is there any 4Dscript code to don't allow treating second one server at the same time? I also tried to join two another servers and share tasks. Two servers simulates setups, and two treating with condition to close input channels of treating server until second one finish.. it still doesn't work properly :(

I would be grateful for any ideas how to allow setup second server, but not to treat until first server still treats.
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Rafal,

I think you were almost there! I checked your model and changed it a little bit for the laser cell in the upper left corner. I made the following adjustments:

1. The call for operators wasn't correct. Instead of using:

Code: Select all

if (content (c=2),CallOperators(AtomByNam28[Team53],Model),1))
You should use:

Code: Select all

if (content (c)=2,CallOperators(AtomByNam28[Team53],Model),1))
When the '=2' is within the brackets it is part of the atom reference for the content. This is not working! I saw this in all your servers, so please check them carefully.
2. To simulate the setup and process step, I splitted the process into 2 servers (as you already suggested). When all products are ready for setup, the input of that server is closed AND the operator is called. On end of setup of the first server the operator is released for setup on the other side. The products go for processing to the process server. When everything is finished at the second server the inputs of the setup server will be opened.
3. I adjusted the following fields:
* Entry trigger of setup server.
* Cycletime of setup server.
* Sendto of setup server.
* Setup time of process server.
* Exit trigger of process server.
4. You will see that the setup servers are never busy at the same time. The operator jumps from one to another.

Hope this works for you!

Regards, Marlies
Attachments
K3 K7 K6.mod
(245.89 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
byczek

Post by byczek »

Thanks a lot Marlies!

Meanwhile I made it by myself, but it wasn't ease for me :) I had to finish it quickly, so it isn't perfect but generally works how it should to works. My biggest problem was how to force servers to communicate with other ones... after all I realized what the 'atombyname' function is ;) I had a lot of work with connecting channels and force products to go where I want :) All in all thanks for your reply, I'm gonna analyze it tommorow.

I'm really grateful for your help!

Best regards
byczek

Post by byczek »

Oh, I'm attaching my model if someone would like to compare it. I used Turntable unit to simulate a movement of table in lasercell:)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/08tljj