ROUTING EACH PRODUCTS TO A ROW OF SERVERS

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
slimmdree

ROUTING EACH PRODUCTS TO A ROW OF SERVERS

Post by slimmdree »

Dear Team,

I would like to route one product into one row of the servers i.e. after the first three servers, i would like for the red product to go into the first row of servers, then the blue into the second row of servers and the final product goes into the last row of servers. I have attached the modelled simulation. I am having difficulties doing this, any assitance from your team would be grateful.

Regards
slimmdree
Attachments
CylinderBlock5.mod
(316.05 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
MarvinH

Re: ROUTING EACH PRODUCTS TO A ROW OF SERVERS

Post by MarvinH »

Hello!

Thanks for your question and your attached model!

What I can see in your model, is that you add 4 products to a container by an assembler. The products have a label with the type (1..3), but the container has no type label. When you are looking in the visualization at the color of the atoms moving through the model, you are actually looking at the color of the product on top of the container.

Now there are some options to change your model:
1) Include an Unpacker just in front of Queue136. This way the products are unloaded from the container and you are able to route each individual product through the rest of the servers, without changing the SendTo of Queue136. The containers can be disposed.
2) In case the containers still have to be used, you can change the SendTo statement of Queue136 such that the routing is not based on the Type label of the container (which always equals zero), but on the Type label of the product on top of the container.

Good luck with your model. In case you cannot figure out how to change your model such that it works as desired, please feel free to post again on this topic!

Kind regards,

Marvin

PS: For your convenience I attached a model in which option 1) is implemented. ;)
Attachments
CylinderBlock5_Unpack.mod
Option 1) implemented
(331.28 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
slimmdree

Post by slimmdree »

Hi,

i want to knw why it shows jst a product going through after some few secs, instead of the three products going through and second of all, i would like to keep the pallet, that gives me the option 2 u stated earlier, but have tried using the option two but i seem not to be gettin anywhere...is there any other option???

Regards
Ibukun
Attachments
CylinderBlock5.mod
(316.61 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
MarvinH

Post by MarvinH »

Hello Ibukun!

It is not clear to me what you mean with some of your statements in your previous post:
slimmdree wrote:i want to knw why it shows jst a product going through after some few secs, instead of the three products going through
Where (i.e. at which atom) do you see this behaviour?
slimmdree wrote:have tried using the option two but i seem not to be gettin anywhere
How did you try to control the routing of the containers? Did you assign/use any new labels somewhere?

In case you want to control the routing of the containers, you should assign labels to it, just as you did with the products. If I understand correctly from your previous description, you want to be able to control the routing of the container, based on the color of the last product on top of it. You could assign a label to the container OnExit of the assembler. Try the following code:

Code: Select all

Label([Type], i) := Label([Type], Last(i))
This way the label of the container is set based on the label of the last product (of which you can see the color).

Please let me know whether you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Marvin
slimmdree

Post by slimmdree »

Thanks marvin, that helped out, but i dont want four products on the container, but one product i.e. one product per cpntainer. Another problem i noticed is whenever i remove the assembler and the container, after running the simulation for some secs, only one of the products is seen.

Regards
ibukun
MarvinH

Post by MarvinH »

Hello Ibukun,

You can adjust the B.O.M. (Bill Of Material) table of the assembler. With the settings in your model, there are put 4 products on one container. In case you enter 1 in both cells, your container will contain only 1 product, so you can keep using the assembler!

Good luck!
slimmdree

Post by slimmdree »

thank you very much, but there is still the problem of only one product runing instead of the three different products running, wheneva i run the simulation. I.E. whenever i run the model, i can only see the red product moving thru the conveyors or servers...i dont knw what the problem is

thank you
Attachments
CylinderBlock5.mod
(316.5 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
MarvinH

Post by MarvinH »

Hello Ibukun,

Attached you can find your fixed model. It was caused by the way you have connected your sources to the first conveyor. Because the output of the sources is blocked sometimes (as is shown by the "!!!"), the conveyor always selects the first available product, which is from the first connected (i.e. Red) source.

There are several options to solve this. First of all I would suggest you add a queue with large capacity between the sources and the first conveyor. This way the blocking would not occur anymore. Further you can play with the inter-arrival times of the source, or the cycle time of the multiserver. In case you add some variety (i.e. use Uniform( 8, 12 ) as a inter-arrival time on all sources), the sequence of products will change all the time. Finally you can select another In Strategy for the Queue. In the attached model I have selected Longest Waiting. Doing so, not the first source but the source that is waiting longest will be selected to deliver the product to the conveyor!

Good luck!

Regards,

Marvin
Attachments
CylinderBlock5_update.mod
(331.12 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
slimmdree

Post by slimmdree »

Hello MarvinH,

Thankx once again for helping me out now i understand why it didnt work. the prblem on routing has not yet been solved. I would like to route one product into one row of the servers i.e. after the first three servers, i would like for the red product to go into the first row of servers, then the blue into the second row of servers and the final product goes into the last row of servers. the solution you gave me earlier was for when the i had four products on a container, which is not i want.

Regards
Ibukun
Attachments
CylinderBlock5.mod
(317.06 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
MarvinH

Post by MarvinH »

Hello Ibukun,

Nice your model is fixed now regarding the input. Although my comment (see below) about the label of the container was about four products on one container, it also holds for just one product on a container.
MarvinH wrote:In case you want to control the routing of the containers, you should assign labels to it, just as you did with the products. If I understand correctly from your previous description, you want to be able to control the routing of the container, based on the color of the last product on top of it. You could assign a label to the container OnExit of the assembler. Try the following code:

Code: Select all

Label([Type], i) := Label([Type], Last(i))
This way the label of the container is set based on the label of the last product (of which you can see the color).
Please let me know whether it works!

Regards,

Marvin