Maintenance process - one product multiple servers

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Marcus

Maintenance process - one product multiple servers

Post by Marcus »

Hi,
I have a problem with my model so I wanted to ask you for your help.
I have some maintenance process to build. I have Product Atom, ArrivalList, Queue, three Servers and Sink.
In my model, each Product must go through all three Servers before it goes to Sink. Problem that I have is that I do not know how make that each Product goes back from Servers to Queue until it passes all three Servers and on the last Server, whichever it was, goes to Sink.
Also, Queue should not send Products to Servers which Product has already passed but it should send Products to the first free Server.
Thanks in advance!
Gabe-Hein Dijkstra

Re: Maintenance process - one product multiple servers

Post by Gabe-Hein Dijkstra »

Hi Marcus,

Welcome to the community!

Before answering your question, first some clarification: Must products in your model go through the servers in a particular order? Or do you want the sequence to depend on the availability of the servers?

Kind regards,
Gabe-Hein
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi Gabe-Hein,

thank you for your reply. Products don't have to go through the servers in a particular order, it is only important that they pass all the servers once, but not more times.

Kind regards!
Marcus
Gabe-Hein Dijkstra

Post by Gabe-Hein Dijkstra »

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for providing clarification.

To create a model without user-defined functions, I recommend adding six queues:
  • One for products that need to go through servers 1, 2, and 3.
  • One for products that need to go through servers 1 and 2.
  • Etc.
I suggest using the Label function to track which server(s) the product has already passed through. Based on these labels, configure the "send to" statements of the servers in such a way that every products ends up in the correct queue. You might also consider adjusting the input strategy of the servers. If you want an overview of the total number of products in your queues, you could use the "TextBox" atom.

It's also possible to model this without using six queues, but this would require writing more advanced functions. Please let me know when you are interested in this!

I hope this answers helps. Best of luck with your model!

Kind regards,
Gabe-Hein
Attachments
EDCommunity_Question0510.JPG
EDCommunity_Question0510.JPG (29.93 KiB) Viewed 6704 times