Experiment Wizard

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Katinka

Experiment Wizard

Post by Katinka »

Hello again,

My simulation is almost ready and now I'm trying to obtain useful output values.
I use the Experiment Wizard to come up with results, but I'm struggling on the following point:

In my model there exist several labels and I would like to get information about these labelvalues.. The question is how?

For example,

Code: Select all

label([occupancy], refBuffer)
is a label which keeps track of the number of occupied buffer locations. I would like to have the average occupancy rate, but working with this label in the Experiment Wizard only gives the value at the end of the simulation. I thought it would help to change the label into a global variable, but it seems only possible to select atoms in the Experiment Wizard, and not variables?

Are there ways to solve this or to work around it?

Kind regards, Katinka
Nienke Valkhoff

Re: Experiment Wizard

Post by Nienke Valkhoff »

Hi Katinka,

If you define performance metrics in the Experiment Wizard you indeed need to define on which atom you would like to measure the metric. In the performance metric itself you can use the two letter 4DScript word "cs" as a reference to the atom on which you are defining your performance metric. Thus, as performance metric you get Label([labelname], cs). You problem is not caused by the reference you use thus this will not solve your problem.

In your example you have a label that keeps track of the number of Occupied buffer locations at that moment. The experiment wizard will indeed give you back the end value. Note that in the predefined logics we have seperate the options Content(cs) and AvgContent(cs). Also in this case content will return the last content and AvgContent the average. The experiment only calculates averages and such comparing the results of different runs. If you would like to know the average of the Occupied buffer location during the run,then you need to add a second label to your model that keeps track of this and use this label in the experiment wizard.
Katinka

Re: Experiment Wizard

Post by Katinka »

Hi Nienke,

Thanks for your reply. After some thinking I decided to design a label which keeps track of the cumulative number of occupied buffer locations (measured every x seconds). Then, in the Experiment Wizard, this number is divided by the number of observations. Since the intermediate occupancy rates are not of importance, I thought it would be a waste to compute those continuously throughout the simulation (plus it would be more complicated ;))