"Invisible" model

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Katinka

"Invisible" model

Post by Katinka »

Hello,

Today I have been working on my ED model, and now a strange thing has happened: I'm not able to see my models anymore!
The atoms are listed in the Model Tree, but not visible in the 2D model layout, neither in the 3D view.
I experimented with layers earlier today, so I think the problem might has arisen there. At a certain moment, ED got stuck and I wasn't able to shut it down anymore.
After re-starting ED and using one layer, everything seemed to work well again in my current model. However, if I try to open a different model (e.g. one of the models posted in this community), everything is again 'invisible'.

Did I accidentally change a setting I'm not aware of? Or should I re-install ED?
I think it has no use posting one of the 'invisible' models here, since those are visible to others.

Kind regards,

Katinka
MatthijsJongboer

Re: "Invisible" model

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello Katinka,
I'm not sure how far your layer experiments stretched but within models and atoms, this should not present any problems. Just leave the main layer intact. But let's determine what works and what not.
When you now start ED, are you able to create a new model (with just the main layer)? Are you able to open an example model (located in the work\examples sub directory)? I just tested this model: download/file.php?id=113 without any problems. Another test you can do is to select an atom in the modeltree (of a model that has no visualization) and press the 'Find Treeatom in 2D Model view' button. Let me know what works, and what not.
Katinka

Post by Katinka »

Hi Matthijs,

Thanks for your reply. The weirdest thing is, when I started ED today, everything worked well again! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that today I (re)started my computer; whereas yesterday I only restarted ED several times.

I remember that I could only open one model in which all Atoms were visible. Creating a new model (with just the main layer) was not possible, and the model you linked to, was not visible either. Whenever I dragged a new Atom into a model, it disappeared as soon as I released the mouse button (however the Atom stayed visible in the Model Tree).

Hopefully it doesn't happen again (I won't experiment with layers anymore ;) ), but if it does occur, I will check the things you wrote down. Thanks again!

Katinka
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

I'm glad to hear it works again. Normally, restarting ED only would present a fresh instance and a reboot is not required. I hope your not to discouraged since layers can be very useful!