Welding with Robots

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
huppenuckel

Welding with Robots

Post by huppenuckel »

Hi,

I got a problem. I need an idea how to model the following:

I modeled all the processes where the parts for a welding construction are put into a welding device.

Now i need to simulate how 4 Robots weld at the same construction. There are about 20 weldseams to do. For this the robots weld, then stop and wait for another one to be ready, then start again.

Does anybody has an idea how to model this?

With best regards.
Philipp
huppenuckel

Re: Welding with Robots

Post by huppenuckel »

Hi,

first problems are solved. I use 4 Advanced robots to weld.

The problem is, there is no material flow. So how to tell the robot to start the Routine? (Routine is already defined.)

with best regards
marlies

Re: Welding with Robots

Post by marlies »

Hi Philipp,

Are you using the Advanced Scara Robot?

There is an example model for this atom that is triggering a movement without a product going into the robot. The example model is named Advanced Scara Robot.mod and can be found in C:\Progam Files\ED..\Work\Examples\English\Transport\.

In the sensor code of the conveyor you will find the function Advanced_Scara_Robot_create_motion_task that will trigger the robot to move. The same kind of functions are available for the Advanced linear robot and the Advanced vertical articulated robot. As parameters you need to specify a reference to the robot and the second parameter is the name of the routine that it needs to execute.

Regards, Marlies