Problem with assembler

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
starwin

Problem with assembler

Post by starwin »

Hello,

I got a problem with the assembler. It is supposed that the assembler makes 100 products of A( A1 + A2), 75 products of B (B1+B2+B3) and 50 products of C ( C1+C2+C3+C4).

unfortinunely the assembler makes only product A.
Can someone help me with this? If it is possible could someone make it work in the file?

I appreciate your help, greetings Starwin.
Attachments
case 23 A Vis.mod
assembler problem
(137.08 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
marlies

Re: Problem with assembler

Post by marlies »

Hi Starwin,

I checked your model and have the following comments:

- Instead of using Label([A]), Label() etc on your products I would use a label([ProductType]) for all products and give the label a value 1,2 or 3. So: the A products get: label([ProductType], i) := 1, the B products get: label([ProductType], i) := 2 etc.
- Use this label to control the assembler:

In the sendto of the Assembler you can use the ProductType label in the right direction, currently you are using a label prod, but this is not set anywhere in your model.

In the cycletime you need to read the label producttype. Please note that the code to read your labels is: Label([ProductType], first(c)), you need to specify which label you want to read!

Code: Select all

Case(
 Label([ProductType], first(c)),
) 
In the column reference b.o.m. you also need to read the label: Label([ProductType], first(c)) to specify which column the assembler should take.

Success and feel free to post again if anything is not clear.

Regards,

Marlies
starwin

Post by starwin »

First thank you Marlies for the quick answering,

After i have done the things you mentioned my ED still not worked as i would like.
When i want to simulate the program says i got a non valid code in the assembler.

Could you check again what i did wrong?

Regards,

Starwin
Attachments
case 23 A Vis v2.mod
(137.36 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Starwin,

Apparently my reply was a bit too quick...

The assembler works as follows:

- The pallet is the first atom that will enter.
- Based on the characteristics of the pallet, the assembler will decide what products need to be packed and accordingly open the inputs of the products to pack.
- So, actually you need a label on the pallet/container and not (only) on the products.

I updated your model a bit, see attached. I changed the following points:
- The creationtrigger of all sources, instead of 3 producttypes, there are 9.
- The sendto statements of the servers Draaitafel en Freesbank, they now read the label ProductType.
- The exittrigger of the pallet arrivallist: I assign a random label PalletType. But you need to decide in what way you can find out the type of products to pack.
- The settings of the assembler.

Good luck,

Marlies
Attachments
case 23 A Vis v3.mod
(139.03 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
starwin

Post by starwin »

Thanks again Marlies,

There are 2 struggles that i have with the model right now. maybe you could tell me how or help to solve it.

The first thing is that the assembler random makes product A,B or C. I would like that it first makes product A, then B and then C. So the production of these Products had as many time required.

Another thing is that in this model the production stops after all product of C are made, probebly because he stops untill 1 of the product is done with producing.

I looked myself how i could fix this, but i didn't found out where the problem is with both the struggles.

Regards,

Starwin
starwin

Post by starwin »

I meant with the struggles :

The first thing is that the assembler random makes product A,B or C. I would like that it first makes product A, then B and then C. So the production of these Products get less time to produce all the products in total.

Another thing is that in this model the production stops after all product of C are made, probebly because he stops untill 1 of the product is done with producing. I would like that all products are made in this case, so 100 x A, 75 x B and 50 x C.

Regards,

Starwin
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Starwin,

The 2 problems are related to each other. What you need to change are the parameters of the arriallist atom. I implemented a random generation of PalletTypes, but with the arrivallist you can define the exact sequence of arriving pallettypes. You already started to implement that, but some parts were missing. I made a few changes in the attached model.

Please have a close look at the following parameters in the arrivallist:
- In the Labels tab, I defined the label PalletType. When you add a label in this tab, it means that every arrival in the list will generate products having this label.
- In the Arrivals tab, you can define the specific parameters per arrival. For each arrival I changed the parameter Channel. This parameter indicates to which output channel the products need to be sent, in your case always to channel 1.
- In this tab you also define the value that needs to be given to the label PalletType. So, the products in the first arrival get PalletType 1 (productA), the products in the 2nd arrival get PalletType 2 (product B).

So: in the labels tab you define the Name of the Label that will be assigned to each product generated by the arrivallist. In the Arrivals tab you tell the arrivallist which values it should assign to this label.

Tip: for more information about using Labels go to Help>Tutorial>Basic Tutorial Annexes, page 158. This gives you more information about the way Labels can be set and used in your model.

Regards,

Marlies
Attachments
case 23 A Vis v3.mod
(139.01 KiB) Downloaded 264 times