2 floors :which kind of conceyors and virtualreality atomss

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
rolsroberts

2 floors :which kind of conceyors and virtualreality atomss

Post by rolsroberts »

hi,

i would like to build a factory which is parted in 2 floors.the groundfloor corresponds to a warehouse ,where a picker picks goods and sends the picked good throug a long conveyor to the second floor of the factory , where its wil be packed. is it possible to model this material flows so that it will be close to the reality ?

which kind of conveyors and virtual reality atoms could i use to model 2 differents floors ? i am thinking about 2 differents "vr building atom" or maybe i could divide a Vr building atom in 2 for representing 2 superposed sections, the used long conveyor that joins the 2 sections of my factory is diagonal. so the goods , during the transport will continuely raise up to the second floor.

i saw an elevator.but in this case we have a vertical elevation.and how can i model 2 floors with 2 differents ambiance(atmosphere).

Thanks for Your Help.
HarryBunnik

Re: 2 floors :which kind of conceyors and virtualreality ato

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha,

I'm not sure if I correctly understand your problem, but you want a long conveyor, with an elevation so that the beginning is at the ground floor and the end is at the second floor, while gradually rising? Is that what you mean with the diagonal?
Because that you can do by entering the amount of meters you want the conveyor to rise over it's length (can be found on the tab called "Specific" of the advanced conveyor GUI).

As far as the building goes, you could consider using a VR_Building as the hull around your factory/warehouse and than use several VR planes to make the ceiling/floor for the second layer. This way you can create a hole through which your products come, instead that they seem to grow out of the floor.
Another option is to model the 2nd floor an X meter to the left and make a new VR_Building there. If you than divide the raising conveyor in two and directly connect them, you have the starting part in the ground floor and the ending part on the upper floor without it influencing transport times.

I hope this helps you and gives you some ideas,

Cheers,

Harry