Error during saving

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
xxsawer

Error during saving

Post by xxsawer »

Hello,
We are using ED version 5.1 and when trying to save the model we get from time to time this error:

4DScript:error at "If":I/O error 32 (kernelfnc)

When this happens, the saved file is corrupted and not all atoms are included there.
Luckily, when this happens, the original (uncorrupted) file stays open. So we have still some chance saving will succeed on some trial... But mostly it means to close ED and start again with backups...

Is there any solution for this?
MatthijsJongboer

Re: Error during saving

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

The error is a system I/O error. The error indicates a sharing violation.
I've seen this error once before. At that time we could not explain the reason for this to happen.
A clean install to a new directory solved the problem then. It could be worth a try when you receive the error constantly.
But it could also depend on your version and the O.S. you are using. When version 5.1 was released, the current security features of windows did not exist. The current version is 8.2.5.
xxsawer

Post by xxsawer »

Hello,
thanks for quick reply. What exactly do you mean by sharing violation?
I will try the clean installation as you mentioned. Currently I am using W7 64b so maybe it would be good to switch to win xp...
Strange is that we sometimes this error was resolved only by shortening the file name. Sometimes nothing helps and we have to start agian...
I know there is newer version, however our project is currently not possible to migrate :(
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

A sharing violation means that another program or process has locked the file. What you can try is to execute ed.exe in windows xp compatibility mode.