product handling from conveyor to slower buffer conveyor

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
tvdv

product handling from conveyor to slower buffer conveyor

Post by tvdv »

Hello again,

As a part of a model I have been making, some parts need to be processed as shown in the example. Here, the red buffer conveyor displays a certain process, and works as intended. However, when a product enters the buffer conveyor, another product is already allowed into the preceding conveyor (accumulating conveyor 3). The required functionality is that a product is only allowed to enter accumulating conveyor 3, when the previous product has been fully loaded into the buffer conveyor. (so the end of the product, not the front).

Unfortunately, the buffer conveyor does not have a sensor which can be used to model this. Placing a sensor on the end of the accumulating conveyor does also not work. I am wondering what would be a good solution.

I have to note here that the end of the buffer conveyor is sometimes blocked by following processes (so using a time-delay does not work).

I hope that I have described the problem clearly.

Regards
example_bufferconveyor_issue_v1.mod
(16.4 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Robin_Rust

Re: product handling from conveyor to slower buffer conveyor

Post by Robin_Rust »

Hey,

I had a quick look at the model. I did use a time-delay but I close the “conveyor 3” if the input channel of the process after the buffer conveyor is closed. So when the buffer conveyor is blocked that is modeled that the following processes the input is closed.
I added the coded on the atom editor (shift + f5 key of selected atom) for the buffer conveyor. The code I added is on the “OnEntered,& Onevent” in the atom editor of the buffer conveyor, see added picture.

The added code:
OnEntered:
Here a new event is created, which will be triggered after the time it takes the whole product has entered the conveyor buffer(length product/speed conveyor). This event is created on the “OnEvent”, this is event 3.
OnEvent:
Here events 3 & 4 are added. In event 3 it is checked if the input channel of the atom after the conveyor buffer is opened. If the specific input channel is open, than a new product is allowed on conveyor 3 and it is closed again. If the specific input channel is closed, than no new product is allowed and event 4 is created.
Event 4
Checks the same thing as event 3, but now when the if statement is false. So the input channel of the process after the buffer conveyor is closed, than event 4 is created again in 1 second to check if the input channel is opened on that time.

I added an availability control atom in your model aswell as an extra conveyor to model the process following the buffer conveyor. If you want more explanation on functions you can press F1 when a function is selected. I added the model with the changes I made.
I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Robin
Attachments
example_bufferconveyor_issue_v1_Changed.mod
(23.43 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Changes in AtomEditor Buffer Conveyor.png
Changes in AtomEditor Buffer Conveyor.png (49.79 KiB) Viewed 5938 times