Laggy software after the integration of a warehouse-atom

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
exoplanet

Laggy software after the integration of a warehouse-atom

Post by exoplanet »

Hello everyone,

i've modeled the attached simulation model mainly consisting of a ground-storage and a warehouse with a transport newtork, using labels to store information of the product-atoms.
Since I've integrated the warehouse the software is considerably slower (laggy) than before. Might the warehouse causing this issue? Or did I miss something somewhere else?

My hardware-specs should'nt be the problem: i7-11370H, 16,0 GB RAM, intel iris xe graphics

ED-Version: 10.5.0.3374

Thanks in advance!

best regards
Max
Attachments
laggy software_05.02.23.mod
(76.61 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Deena

Re: Laggy software after the integration of a warehouse-atom

Post by Deena »

Hi Max!
Thank you for the question. It was really helpful that you shared the model. I can see the you have limited the product to be generated at 'Wareneingang' as 40. Is that what you intend to do? Because once the 40 products are created no more products are created. That what shows to you that the model is slow but actually there are no products created. Or do you want only 40 products to be in the system at the time in the system as the capacity of the Warehouse is 40? In that case you can remove the limit at the 'Wareneingang' and place a buffer after that where the products can wait till they are called.
I do not think it has to do with your hardware specs.
I hope I was able to solve your query and was also correct with the interpretation of your case.
Also please let me know in case there are any further more questions.

Kind Regards,
Deena
exoplanet

Re: Laggy software after the integration of a warehouse-atom

Post by exoplanet »

Deena wrote: Friday 10 February, 2023 - 12:03 Hi Max!
Thank you for the question. It was really helpful that you shared the model. I can see the you have limited the product to be generated at 'Wareneingang' as 40. Is that what you intend to do? Because once the 40 products are created no more products are created. That what shows to you that the model is slow but actually there are no products created. Or do you want only 40 products to be in the system at the time in the system as the capacity of the Warehouse is 40? In that case you can remove the limit at the 'Wareneingang' and place a buffer after that where the products can wait till they are called.
I do not think it has to do with your hardware specs.
I hope I was able to solve your query and was also correct with the interpretation of your case.
Also please let me know in case there are any further more questions.

Kind Regards,
Deena
Thanks a lot for your help Deena!
Yes indeed, both sources should be limited to an output of 40 products. The buffer sounds like a good idea but anyways the software worked fine again after some time. Don't really know exactly what the problem was.

best regards!

Max