Modeling a dual-working CNC Machine

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Maxim1

Modeling a dual-working CNC Machine

Post by Maxim1 »

Hello everyone,

is it possible to model the following machine?

Basically the machine can manufacture two different products. It always manufactures them in an alternating order (First Product No.1, then Procuct No.2, then Product No.1 again, etc...)

Now there is a tricky part:

There is also a Human Resource Involved. When for example product No.1 is manufactured, the human resource simulateously has to assemble product No.2 onto a fixture so that it can be manufactured.
The machine will only be able to manufacture product No.2 when the manufacturing time (cycle time) of part No.1 is finished and also when the assembly time of product No.2 is finished.

Now there are two scenarios that can happen:
Scenario 1.: The manufacturing time (cycle time) of Product No.1 is > than the assembly time of product No.2 --> The machine will instantly be able to manufacture product No.2 without having to wait for the human resource to finish assembling product No.2

Scenario 2.: The manufacturing time (cycle time) of product No.1 is < than the assembly time of product No.2 --> The machine will finish the manufacturing cycle of Product No.1 and then will have to wait until the remaining time of the assembly time for product No.2 is finished. When the assembly time of product No.2 is finished, the machine should start manufacturing product No.2.

Please let me know if there is someting I didnt explain good enough, I will do my best to try and explain better :)

Is it even possible to model this kind of machine with only one server?

I will gladly take any help I can get as I dont really know how to figure this out properly.

Thanks in Advance!

Maxim Gaule
Deena

Re: Modeling a dual-working CNC Machine

Post by Deena »

Hi Maxim Gaule,

Thank you for the question.
Yes, this model can be built using a single server. There are many ways to model this. I can make a simple suggestion for you where,
you can use a arrival list atom instead of source atom and use label for product1 and product 2 to segregate them for the assembly time and processing time. Queue atoms between the source and the server atom would suffice both the scenario you have suggested.
Kindly let me know if you have any further doubts with this or need any more clarifications with this :)

Kind Regards,
Deena