Machine planning

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
Robin

Machine planning

Post by Robin »

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to simulate a machine schedule? Because in the small example where I tried this, I have 5 different products and want to make them on 2 different machines. For this, a machine planning has been made in which order these products must run over the machines. These sequences are shown in the table sequence.

So I actually want to create a pull for when the machine is empty, it must choose the right product from the pool(queue) of products. (I think there should be 2 triggers 1 when the machine is empty or when a product enters the pool)

It must also be taken into account that a product has to run over the machines in the correct order. For example, product 3 must first pass through machine 2 before it can go to machine 1.

I have tried to do this with different labels and counters to loop through the table with multiple if functions to see where the products should go. However, this did not work so I removed it. I was also thinking of using the function editor but I was hoping there is a simpler method.

Does anyone have a good idea or example of how I can achieve this?
Machine planning1.mod
(27.28 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
Greetings,

Robin
MatthijsJongboer

Re: Machine planning

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello Robin,

Your schedule has listed the machines with the products to be processed. Is this order also a requirement?
So, on machine 1, must the order of products passing through here be 5, then product 4 and so on?
If that is not the case, I suggest to make the products leading in your schedule where you can set the machine order.
If the order does need to be fixed, indeed a principle of allowing the correct product into the server (from the queue) needs to be made.
I remember having seen a pull example model somewhere but will see if I can find anything if this is what you need.

Gr. Matthijs
Robin

Post by Robin »

Hello Matthijs,

It is indeed the intention that the products pass through the machine in the order specified. So for machine 1 first product 5 and then product 4 etc. However, you must also take into account that product 5 must also go to machine 2, but before it can go to machine 2, product 5 must first have passed through machine 1.

If you have that or another example, that would be great!

Greetings,

Robin
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hi Robin,
This would mean that you have datasets:
1 for the sequence on a server and
1 for the order the products need to go to a machine.
Based upon these datasets, I suggest that each machine has it's own queue. This way you can rearrange the queue so that the first product waiting is the one next in sequence.
For the order the product have to follow, you can use the other dataset and keep track if a product either needs to go to (the queue for) the other server or exits to the attached NA conveyor.
I hope this setup will make things easier as managing one queue is more complex.

Gr. Matthijs