Customer orders to take products from a warehouse

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
sadowskyseb

Customer orders to take products from a warehouse

Post by sadowskyseb »

Dear community,

I have atoms (bottles of fluids) that are stored in a warehouse-atom. I now want to simulate customer orders to arrive (e.g. with an arrival list) asking for specific products from the warehouse. I have not yet figured out how to mke sure that the right product will be extracted from the warehouse and not just any. Is an assembler helpful?
Can someone please help me out with a hint or an example?

Thank you very much in advance!
Sebastian
HarryBunnik

Re: Customer orders to take products from a warehouse

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hi Sebastian,

I think that you don't need something special to deal with the products in the warehouse, outside an indicator which product belongs to which order (for instance by assigning a label to the product).

Then in the Queue strategy of the Warehouse, you'll have to sort the products in the warehouse on this label. That will ensure that the products are leaving the warehouse in the correct order.

I hope this helps you further,

Gr. Harry
sadowskyseb

Post by sadowskyseb »

Hi Harry,

thank you for the response. I have been working on this, but still have a problem:
What if the products enter the warehouse and at that moment it is unknown when they will be needed for a customer order?

Meaning: A customer order arrives for a random product (that I would do with a Source-Atom creating customer orders and assigning a label "product" to the customer order) and it shall be supplied with exactly that product (carrying a matching label "product") from the warehouse.
How can I bring those two together: customer order with any piece of this product from the warehouse?`

Thank you again for your help!
Sebastian
Markus Holzner

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi Sebastian,

I have added a model that might match your issue.

I create products with label "type" with random value from 1 to 5 and store these in the warehouse.
Then I create orders also with a label "type" with value from 1 to 5 randomly and send these to the Queue_Order.
Here in the EntryTrigger of that Queue atom I search the warehouse for products that match in value of label "type".
If I find product, I put it in first place of atoms within the warehouse and open the Output of the warehouse atom to release that product.
(Hint: With the Initialize atom I close the Output of the warehouse by pressing the Reset button! The output of the warehouse is closed in the ExitTrigger of the warehouse atom with each exiting product!).

The order atom and the product atom are then merged within the Assembler atom and move on to the Sink_FulfilledOrders.
In case that no product for the current order was found in the warehouse, then the order is sent to Sink_UnfulfilledOrders.

I hope that gives you some insight how you might approach that issue. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Success.

Best regards,
Markus
Attachments
Customer orders to take products from a warehouse.mod
(25.34 KiB) Downloaded 408 times