LoadLibrary error 87

All topics dealing with installation, configuration and licensing of Enterprise Dynamics
mcuypers

LoadLibrary error 87

Post by mcuypers »

Hi,

recently installed ED 10.3 Student SE (64bit). It worked after first installation. When trying to start for the second time 2 days later it showed an Error "LoadLibrary failed with error 87: Parameters invalid". After that message (only option is to click OK) it does nothing.

Anyone familliar with the problem?

Container is installed and License is activated.

HELP pleas need it to work for my college education.

Misja Cuypers
MatthijsJongboer

Re: LoadLibrary error 87

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello Misja,
Welcome to the community.
The error is new to me and it is very strange that first the software worked and 2 days later it no longer will start.
As you mention that the container is installed and the license is activated and valid, there must be another reason for the error.

I found several websites that report the same error with other software packages.
My suggestion for solving this issue is to first have a look at the video settings. First make sure that, if you have more video cards in your machine, you setup the system so that Enterprise Dynamics makes use of the heavy, dedicated video card. You can read about that here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=284.
Second, I suggest to make sure you have the latest video driver installed. You best get the latest driver from the video card manufacturer (e.g. AMD, Intel or NVIDIA).
If that does not result in a working software, post it here so we can see what other suggestions we can make.

Best regards,
Matthijs
mcuypers

Post by mcuypers »

Hello Matthijs,

I found out what the problem causes.

If I start the application when my notebook is connected to my Lenovo USB-C dock gen 2 (this dock is connected trough USB and expands my workplace with 2 screens) it won't start and give the error. Probably because it wants to use the video card from the usb dock (which hasn't got a video card).

When i connect just one screen trough HMDI or use no extra screen, the application starts without problems.

Thank you for your quick response!

Best regards,
Misja
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello Misja,
Good to hear you found the solution. Indeed a graphics related setting then caused the error.
Thanks for sharing it here!

Best regards,
Matthijs