Continuous ExcelRead

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Tommytom

Continuous ExcelRead

Post by Tommytom »

Dear Team,

I'm stuck with a new problem related to my simulation program in which I assess the life time operation of a helicopter's engine.

In ED, I have simulated its operational behavior (selection of mission type through Bernouilli, normal distribution of mission duration, and a related environment). Then, the specific flight, the time spend in the server related to the flight, and the environment at which the flight was conducted are written to Excel. In the Excel file I use for that, I perform some calculations in order to calculate a remaining useful life of the engine, based on physical failure behavior.

The outcome is a damage paramter which is 0 when the simulation is not active. During simulation, flights are performed and the degradation of the engine increases per flight. Furthermore, the damage parameter increases as well.

Now, I want to send the engine to maintenance (environment is also simulated in ED) and stop flying operation whenever the damage parameter (which thus is continuously updated in the Excel file I work with) reaches a certain value or threshold. However, I'm not able to manage a continuous read-out from the Excel file. I succeed in reading Tables from Excel, but ED then reads the tables and the start of the simulation. However, I want to have them read on a continuous base. So, it's something like a Condition Control, but then for a certain row and column in Excel.....

Can you help me?
Tommytom

Re: Continuous ExcelRead

Post by Tommytom »

Dear Team

Excuse me for my dumb question. Ik ben een klont. The answer is very easy.
Just use the : ExcelRead command and use a source and sink, to define the frequency of reading.
Problem solved.

Regards,
Geertje