Using human resource atom as a transporter atom

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
Rakky

Using human resource atom as a transporter atom

Post by Rakky »

Hi,

I am currently building a model where the Human Resource atom is being used as operators to perform activities at each server atom. Currently, as soon as the activity is done the server is immediately and automatically replenished by the queue atom. However, I would like for the Human resource (operator) to instead walk to the queue and get the product and carry it with them back to the server atom. This way I am able to see how much "Waiting for Operator" there is in the status. If possible I would like to do the same once the activity has been performed at the server atom where the operator brings the product to the next server's queue.

I am aware that this is currently possible with the transporter and the advanced transporter atom but would like to instead only use the human resources to do all the work to match my reality.

I would greatly appreciate your help in tackling this issue.

Kind regards,
Rakky
HarryBunnik

Re: Using human resource atom as a transporter atom

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hi Rakky,

That must be possible. I think that when you look at the example model: "09 Transportation and processing by HR.mod", you'll find what you're searching for.

The example models can be found under ...\Documents\\Enterprise Dynamics\10.3\Models\Examples\...

This particular one is located in the "Human Resource" directory.

I hope this helps you further!

Gr. Harry
Rakky

Post by Rakky »

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your response, appreciate it.

I am using version 10.2, would this still work? Also I am not able to find the model you have referred to. My "...\Documents\\Enterprise Dynamics\10.3\Models\Examples\..." (in my case ...\10.2\Models.. doesn't have any other models besides my own.

Would appreciate your advice on what to do next.

Kind regards,
Rakky
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello Rakky,

This is a common issue that is experienced by more users on a multi-user system.
The installation of the software includes the example models and places them inside the current 'My Documents' folder. Because some systems require elevation of the user rights (and then particularly from another user), these files end up in the folder of that administrator.

But we have included an option inside the software that should enable the example models to you without having the need for an administrator. If you go to Help | Browse Packages.., you should find the package 'Example & Tutorial Models'. You can download this and install it into your 'My Documents' folder.

This is an alternative route to obtain the example models.

Gr. Matthijs