Using Excel as Input data

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
RonZ

Using Excel as Input data

Post by RonZ »

Several questions regarding importing data from Excel.

I am currently trying to create an overview of a silo park that holds a powder. The powder is made on site and stored in silos and turned into a product in 4 different plants. My goal is to exactly recreate the scenario in 2010. The data used is from 2010 as input source (raw materials (grades)(kg) goes into the silos/grades(kg) go out silos to be processed in plants).

These questions are all regarding the raw material input.

1. My question is; How do i get my Product or Source to read the Table, I use ExcelTableRead to view to table and I get the correct data shown in Table view yet I don’t know how to link the Source Atom to read this table.

2. My input data consist of up to 12 different types of products (grades) with each different amounts of mass in Kg (tons). All input data will be based on a value *100 kg. I would like the product in ED to be the value read from excel as value / 100 so every product will be based on a 100 kg output. For example raw material input is 7621 kg = 76 products on exit. Is this possible or is it easier to adjust all Excel files?

3. Third issue is my excel files consist of 17520 rows and up to 3 columns where every row is read as .5 hour hr(0.5) so basically all my data is based on 30 min intervals. I would like those to be 1 sec in ED so 30 min real life is 1 sec in ED. Yet how fast does my input read these rows and how can I adjust these to correct timing intervals, so my results are correct to the real life dates.

Please let me know if something is unclear in my question and if you need more information.
Regards,

Ron Zabel
JeroenSteenbakkers

Re: Using Excel as Input data

Post by JeroenSteenbakkers »

hello Ron,

this is the anwer to you first question. you can refer to the table bij using the letter ref and then the table name. In your case if you want to refer to row 3 column 2 you should use

Code: Select all

cell(3,2,refTest.xlxs) 
kind regards
JeroenSteenbakkers

Ron,

this is the answer to you second question:

you can do it in both ways. What i would propose is that you add an column in excell and automatically divide the kg amount.

If you would like to do it in ED you can add an column in the table and for instance calculate the amount bij using a repeat loop. for example

Code: Select all

repeat(
 cell(count, 3, refTest.xlsx) := cell(count, 2, refTest.xlsx)/100
)
JeroenSteenbakkers

ron,

to answer you third question.

if you want to perform this action to increase the speed of the simulation it is not sufficient. The speed of the simulation is mainly based on the number of event take place.