Help find my bug in the attached model

All topics related to questions in Pedestrian Dynamics
mpham

Help find my bug in the attached model

Post by mpham »

Hello,

In this attached model. I have three scenarios to test queue line types. The top two scenarios are working as expected.

However, the 3rd scenario (bottom), I don't know why agents stop at IndicativeCorridor3-2 (ID:12) after 10 minutes.

Please help.

Michael
Attachments
Test2.mod
(659.38 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
MargaritaBagamanova

Re: Help find my bug in the attached model

Post by MargaritaBagamanova »

Hello Michael,

The fact that the agents stop at the queue although the connected Access controls are available is related to how internal calculations of our software work.
When the agents proceed to the Access point activity in the Activity route, they select a specific Access point based on the distribution you define in the Activities tab of Agent input.
As soon as specific Access point is selected, agents become aware of requirement to use the Indicative corridor. And they always choose the furthest tale of the corridor as the starting point for their queueing.
In your case for AccessControl3b-8, the furthest point of Indicative corridor is its actual end, not the beginning. That is why the agents try to move in the direction opposite to the desired queue and get stuck in the crowd. To overcome this you can extend the queue entrance tale of the Indicative corridor further from the Access points:
Queue.jpg
Queue.jpg (82.97 KiB) Viewed 12006 times
Or, you can change the distribution for locations choice in such a way that agents always prefer the central Access point (use Empirical distribution from the drop-down list):
Locations.jpg
Locations.jpg (69.71 KiB) Viewed 12006 times
Please, let me know if something is not clear or you have more questions.

Kind regards,
Margarita Bagamanova
mpham

Re: Help find my bug in the attached model

Post by mpham »

Thank you very much