Make Polylines accessible for Agents

All topics related to questions in Pedestrian Dynamics
fabianmirz

Make Polylines accessible for Agents

Post by fabianmirz »

Hi,

I imported a simulation model with the CAD import. Is there an option to add doors or passages to a wall, which is represented by a polyline? The imported model consists of a big polyline, which represents a building.
I want to let agents pass walls, but Passageway, Openings, and Walkable areas did not solve this problem in my case.

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Fabian
Ignasi Echaniz

Re: Make Polylines accessible for Agents

Post by Ignasi Echaniz »

Hi Fabian,

If I understand you correctly, you want to make a door through a polyline.

Your approach was the right one. The easiest way is to place a passeway with the width of your door on the top of the polyline. However, passageways do not work over polylines or lines. They work with closed polygons.

In order to quickly solve this, I recommend to convert your polyline into a thin wall. To do so, please go to the obstacle GUI of your polyline, and select create wall with a certain width (see picture). If you want to keep it as similar as your original polyline, choose a small width.

Then build your ECM network again. You can easily check in the ECM network if the passageway is working as expected. If a line is crossing the passageway,it means that there is a network connection in both sides of the polyline wall (see 2n picture).

I hope this is what you were looking for, if not, please let me know!

Ignasi Echaniz
Attachments
GUI.PNG
GUI.PNG (13.11 KiB) Viewed 12142 times
ECM Network.PNG
ECM Network.PNG (14.11 KiB) Viewed 12142 times
fabianmirz

Re: Make Polylines accessible for Agents

Post by fabianmirz »

Hi Ignasi,

thank you very much for your fast response, this solved my problem.

best regards
Fabian