Optimization of the simulation speed

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Thore

Re: Optimization of the simulation speed

Post by Thore »

Hi Harry
It works as it should. However, it is a bit hard to conclude wheter the speed actually has increased, but maybe a bit. But the write to excel after each simulation run takes severeal minutes.

Nevertheless, thanks for your effort :)
HarryBunnik

Re: Optimization of the simulation speed

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Thore,

I just did a small speed test and using the option where you write all data away at the end using the ActiveX atom is about 25% faster (on my laptop), then the option where I use the direct link with the data recorders.

However, I also tried something else. Perhaps you can test it (I can't guarantee that it is working everywhere yet due to regional windows settings and other complications).
ExcelActiveX.atm
(100.17 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
I've made some adjustments in the ExcelActiveX atom. When you go to your installation directory of Enterprise Dynamics and then to the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Dynamics\Developer 10.#\Atoms\Data\... or C:\Program Files\Enterprise Dynamics\Developer 10.#\Atoms\Data\...

Please make a copy of the atom with that name already available, before you replace this atom. If you then start Enterprise Dynamics again and try a new run with the model where all the data is copied into the Excel ActiveX, I hope it works again a bit faster.

I'm curious what it gives!

Regards,

Harry