revision line

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Mabla

revision line

Post by Mabla »

I am trying to model a revision line but encountered a problem. In my model a product is created at the source, the product is provided with a autonumber and then send to a multiserver (disassembly) followed by a splitter. The splitter splits the product and sends it to the next servers (multiserver 2 and 3). On entering servers 2 and 3 these servers assign the products a [part] label. Both servers (2 and 3) have differnt cycletimes so the subproducts, [part] 1 and 2 with the same product name and number do not leave the atom at the same time. The products are all send to a queue. However next server (assembly)cannot serve the products if both of them haven't had the previous work. I do not know how I can build in a check that check whether both parts of one product are in the queue and send one of those parts to the next server and the other to a sink (I will not need those anymore). However it is necessary that the parts 1 and 2 that are send to the resp bin and server have the same atomname and number. Does somebody know how to check and identify these 2 atoms in atoms in the queue and give them a label so they can pass on?
Thank you in advance.
MarvinH

Re: revision line

Post by MarvinH »

Hello!

I have made a model like this before, it's a well known situation. What I suggest is to put 2 queues behind the servers 2 and 3. Both servers send the products to the first queue if there is no product in that queue with that particular ID (= autonumber). In case there is a product with that ID, than the product is sent to the second queue.

The first queue is the place where you will store the first parts (either from Server 1 or 2) that are finished. The output of the first queue is closed by default. The second queue will be used to store the second part that is finished. Now, OnEntry of the second part, you have to check the position of the corresponding part in the first queue and put it on front of the queue. Then open the output and both parts will continue.

I have created a small example model in which the process described above is implemented. Have a look at:
- OnExit of Source1, where the ID is set;
- SendTo of MultiService5 and MultiService7, where is determined whether to send the product to the first or second queue;
- OnEntry and OnExit of Queue6 and Queue8, where the opening and closing of the queues is taken care of.

Please let me know whether this was what you were looking for.

Kind regards,

Marvin
Attachments
RevisionLine.mod
Example model
(20.14 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Mabla

Re: revision line

Post by Mabla »

Hi,

Yes this is what I was looking for thank you so much.

Kind regards,