Pull-System

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Jaroslav

Pull-System

Post by Jaroslav »

Hi Community,

I´m quite new with enterprise dynamics. But I have made already pretty success simulation models.
Now occurred the first really problem I´m not able to solve, and this concerns the Pull-System, set option of
the transfer car. I've tried to program the same solution for Pull-System like in the given examples but I failed many times.

I proceed exactly like in the Help overview explained but it still doesn't work, could it be that there is somewhere a real bug?

I changed the System-type to pull-system, wrote the "TransferCarController__TransferStrategy_ByUser(c)" command, and in each
Buffer Conveyor this:

do(
var([atmTransferCarController], vbAtom),
var([atmTransferStation], vbAtom),

atmTransferStation := in(1, c),
atmTransferCarController := up(up(atmTransferStation)),

TransferCarController__TriggerOrderAssignment(atmTransferCarController)
)

But it wont work, although it's the same like in the given example.
Please Help me I'm very confused. :?:
Markus Holzner

Re: Pull-System

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi Jaroslav,

can you please attach your model to your topic so that I (and also others who are interested in that topic) can have a look at it.
Afterwards, I will fix and return your model. Is that a way to go for you?

Regards,
Markus
Jaroslav

Post by Jaroslav »

Hi Markus,

thank you for respond. I found today you're answer coincidentally by looking frequently to the posts. Don't know why the community not alert me concerning your post. I'm sorry not too attached the file in first place, but i didn't know how too bring the file online. I attached now both of the files, one was done by me, and the other one ist the example by enterprise dynamics.

Thank you for effort.

Greetings Jaroslav
Transfer Car Pull (given example).mod
Given example
(77.67 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Pull System_1.mod
My model aligned to the example
(85.45 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Markus Holzner

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi Jaroslav,

the issue for the pull strategy is that the predefined strategy "TransferCarController__TransferStrategy_ByUser" (see user interface sheet: Transfer strategies > Order sequence) is specially created for the demo pull model (fitted for current pick-up and place locations).
Therefore in most cases it is required to modify that strategy.
I added a new function on the TransferCarController atom within your model called "TransferCarController_PullSystem". Here, I just modified the code from the function "TransferCarController__TransferStrategy_ByUser" in a way that the model runs.
That function is the place to put your logic to control the transfer car. Just have a look at it.
If you need more details, please let me know.
Success!

Regards,
Markus
Attachments
Pull System_1_mho.mod
(91.2 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Jaroslav

Post by Jaroslav »

Hi Markus,

thank your for reply. Could you please explain me how do you modified the code, and where i may
find the function? Within the transfer strategies is nothing else written but "TransferCarController_PullSystem(c)".

I tried to copy your command "TransferCarController_PullSystem" and paste it in my model, and it wont work. Why :cry: ?
I guess there is somewhere a place to write a function i can't find.

Please help me :?

Best regards

Jaroslav
Markus Holzner

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi Jaroslav,

you are right, if you want to use it within your model you have to create that function first.

I'm not sure what kind of softare version you have. If you have a developer version than you have access to the Atom Editor.
You can find the Atom Editor under menu "Tools" > "Atom Editor... Shift+F5".
There you can select the sheet "Functions" and press the "Add" button. This allows you to define your own functions within e.g. a model.

You can also view the existing function "TransferCarController__TransferStrategy_ByUser" within the library atom of the Transfer Car Controller to get an impression what it actually does.

In case you don't have access to the Atom Editor, please let me know! I will provide the plain code of the function then.

Regards,
Markus
Jaroslav

Post by Jaroslav »

Hi Markus,
I'm really sorry to give you so late answer. The delay has more reasons, one of those was to figure out what kind of version we have and how
difficult is it to get a developer version. But now I'm able to answer this question, quintessential we do not have the developer version and I will not get it. :cry:

But let's jump into my bundle of questions:

Is it possible to program a pull-system (without stumbling) to my needs, despite the lack of developer version?

Could you please be so kind, and provide me the code for the transfeer car in the pre defined model?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Jaroslav